Chapter 8: Sunday

Saturday went by really slowly, (Y/N) kept thinking about Shikamaru and Temari's date. She kept obsessing over how it would go, and if Shikamaru would suddenly stop talking to her after the date. (Y/N) felt that even if she wasn't on that date with Shikamaru instead of Temari, then she would be able to keep being friends with him at least. She had a fear that Shikamaru would suddenly not have enough time to hang out with (Y/N). Eventually though, Saturday passed on and Sunday morning came. (Y/N) woke up way later than usual, it was 11 am. She actually stayed up worrying last night about Shikamaru and Temari. But that was last night, it was a new day, and she wouldn't have to worry too much about the date because she was hanging out with TenTen herself. (Y/N) smiled to herself, and got straight into the shower. When she got out, she got dressed for the occasion and then went out to the kitchen to eat lunch. After lunch, (Y/N) did her chores for the day.

Time Skip - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chores, studying, and watching television, was what had become of (Y/N)'s first half of the day. It was almost evening, which was around the time that she and TenTen had decided to meet up. Because of that, (Y/N) quickly went to the bathroom to freshen up her makeup. She then dashed to the front door, and started walking towards the nearest bus stop, which was around 10 minutes away. Soon, she made it to the bus and stood up since the bus was crowded and filled with other people. In a few, (Y/N) got out of the bus and started walking toward the small bowling alley. When she reached the inside, she quickly sent a message to TenTen to let her know she was inside. She got a text message saying, 'look up', and so she did. TenTen was there smiling, and waved her over. (Y/N) returned her smile and walked over to her.

"How are you doing (Y/N)-chan?" TenTen said as she wrapped (Y/N) in a hug.

"I'm good at the moment, what about you?" (Y/N) replied.

"Me too, anyways, let's get to it, right?" TenTen points at the bowling balls.

(Y/N) nodded. She grabbed one of the balls and started bowling. (Y/N) was not good at bowling whatsoever. TenTen on the other hand was amazing, her aiming was always on point. TenTen couldn't help teasing (Y/N) throughout the whole time, and (Y/N) whined playfully.

"You should teach me instead of making fun of me." (Y/N) said, laughing.

"It would be impossible to teach you." TenTen replied.

Motioning TenTen, with a ball in hand, (Y/N) said, "Awh come on, no seriously come over here."

TenTen laughed, "Okay, what?"

"Like, at least guide me, I don't know, or give me some advice."

(Y/N) gestured at her hands which were holding the bowling ball.

"You want me to hold, I mean, guide your hands into the bowling pins?" TenTen cocked her head.

"Yeah, basically, help me win against you." (Y/N) burst out laughing.

TenTen laughed as well, "Wow, alright."

They finished their game, and since it was later, they decided to eat dinner. Once they found somewhere nearby to eat on their phones, they went straight there. Reaching the restaurant, they were seated and they browsed the menu.

"Wow, even though there was no wait, this place kinda seems fancy..." TenTen pointed out.

"Mhm."

'Shikamaru and Temari have probably started their date by now...'

"What am I thinking?" (Y/N) said.

"What?" TenTen asked, clearly confused.

"Oh, oops haha, I thought out loud." (Y/N) quickly said.