Chapter 7: Promises & Doubts

Yesterday, (Y/N) fell asleep on her desk. This morning, she woke up with a small pool of drool on her schoolwork. She rubbed her cheek and groaned at the drool. (Y/N) stretched up and walked over to her bed. She flopped onto it. However, she felt something hard on her stomach.

"Oh, my phone!"

Laying on her bed, she picked it up and turned on her phone to see a message from TenTen.

"Oh, shoot. I hope she's not upset with me." (Y/N) immediately texted her.

"So sorry for not answering..." She typed, "And I would love to hang out."

It was sent. (Y/N) sighed, and got up. She walked over to the bathroom, and washed her face. She put on her uniform, and walked out into the kitchen with her school bag and phone.

Eating breakfast swiftly, (Y/N) brushed her teeth, walked out to her front door, and waited patiently for Sakura. She put on her earbuds and watched the clouds. The clouds were nice and fluffy. (Y/N) breathed the air in, exhaled, and smiled sweetly, thinking of Shikamaru.

Then, Sakura pulled up on the driveway with TenTen. (Y/N) got in the car, and quickly said hi to both girls.

"Hey, TenTen, about what we were talking about-

TenTen interrupted, "Oh yeah, it's good, we'll talk about it later."

"Oh, okay."

Although (Y/N) was a little confused, she tried not to pay too much attention to it. And so, Sakura took them all to school and they all walked to their first class together. TenTen's desk was in the back with (Y/N). Unfortunately, however, Sakura's desk was in the front, and she couldn't have as much fun as (Y/N) and TenTen had together.

Just before class started, TenTen said to (Y/N), "I'll tell you about it during the passing period, okay?"

(Y/N) simply put her thumbs up, and smiled widely. Class started.

Time Skip - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"So, what's up?" (Y/N) asked.

"I... didn't invite Sakura to our hangout." TenTen softly said.

"Is something wrong? Are you mad at her or something?" (Y/N) whisper-shouted.

"No, not at all. I just wanted to hang out with you, that's all."

"Oh, well thank you very much for wanting my oh-so-very-demanded company." (Y/N) grinned, side-hugging TenTen.

TenTen giggled, "Haha, sure."

TenTen waved at (Y/N) and walked into her next class. (Y/N) pulled out her earbuds once again and listened to anything that played in her playlist. She kept walking when she spotted a certain spiky head. A pineapple head.

(Y/N) catched up to him, walked beside him and shouted, "Heya!"

"Quietness. Do you know what that means, spunky?" Shikamaru scoffed.

"Hey! I helped you out yesterday. I'm basically at your disposal." (Y/N) replied.

"Ugh, I guess I gotta recognize you for that... What a drag."

"Don't forget your promise." (Y/N) reminded.

"I wish I would." Shikamaru mumbled.

(Y/N) playfully smacked Shikamaru, "You can't escape my wrath."

Shikamaru laughed. (Y/N) shot him a toothy grin. She blushed, but it was only slightly visible. She could feel the slight burn on her cheeks. She almost wished he would notice it.