Monster Wars (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Cordula sighed with relief that none of them were hurt as Nick stared on ahead.

***

The four of them arrived back at headquarters when the sun had already risen and they all were tired and suddenly angry at the whole situation "Mendel, can I see you for a second please?" Nick asked a little to harshly. Cordula snuck a glance at Dr. Sopler and frowned for a moment.

Ever since he arrived, everyone had been on edge almost to the point of snapping at each other constantly. However as that thought settled into her mind, Cordula winced when she felt someone probing her mind before that thought she was thinking of disappeared completely.

What-

A wave of irritation suddenly filled her "I know you've been busy with Dr. Sopler but you still have duties here at H.E.A.T" Nick said before Randy intervened "We almost got swamped by Godzilla...Because of You!" Randy shouted the last part "Did you even check N.I.G.E.L's wiring?!" Cordula found herself saying out loud.

"Randy! Cordula! I didn't ask for any help and who's always tampering with N.I.G.E.L anyway huh?!" Nick said sternly with his voice slightly raised "Did something happen to N.I.G.E.L?" Mendel asked as he glared at Randy accusingly

"Forget that tinker toy, something almost happened to us" Randy emphasized "Eh rêt!" Monique said loudly in French as all eyes turned to her "The incident was not Craven's mistake, it was mine. I should have eliminated Godzilla long ago" That sent a new whirlwind of anger around the team.

"You arrogant..."

"Hey! leave the big guy out of this okay?!"

Before any of the team knew it, they began throwing insults and complaints at each other. From the corner of her eye, Cordula looked at Dr. Sopler who had a smug grin on his face.

"If you ever look at Godzilla funny..."

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Now kids, don't make me turn this car around"

Elsie'a joking voice made them stop their rant and all eyes turned to her "Dr. Chapman I presume" Nick spoke sternly "Sorry. Can't stick around. Just gotta pick up a few things" Elsie said just as Nick walked up to her.

"You mind letting me in on this extracurricular activity that's keeping you so busy?"

Nick asked "Oh...why the sudden interest in my personal life Nicky? Jealous?" She crooned playfully "Now is not the time to be playing seduction Dr. Chapman" Cordula said sternly, her eyes narrowed in controlled frustration.

Elsie eyed Cordula with a confused look on her face. She knew the girl was sweet enough and sometimes sarcastic but never was she one to say words like that.

"I asked you a question doctor, you owe me an explanation!" Nick's voice went up a notch as Elsie continued to walk away from him. Finally having enough of Nick's sudden character change, Elsie turned to face him with anger clearly on her face.

"No I don't think so, I don't owe you a blessed thing! What I I do with my time is my business!" She snapped, grabbing the boxes she had placed down and walked passed Nick "Tomorrow on Jerry Springer, my job is ruining my relationship" Randy said with a grin and Cordula blinked when the anger she felt suddenly disappeared in a flash.

Weird.

Nick's gaze caught unto the computer that was suppose to be monitoring any tachyon signals Ï thought you were monitoring tachyon signals" Nick said in confusion "We are" Mendel replied, equally confused "The settings all wrong" Nick replied back as he sat down on the chair and began typing on the keyboard.