Not So Secret

Also just so y'all know Jay is the Jay from Chicago PD because why not.

_

The man- Jay looks at him. They'd just finished having sex and were basking in the after glow. Jay was a bartender Dean had met just hours ago earlier in the day and they hit it off almost immediately. "So, you in town for a while?"

"Just til this case is over." Dean had made up some lie about being a cop working the recent disappearances in town.

Jay hums softly in response, "And the guy at the bar?"

"Oh..that's my dad. We're working together- sort of a family business thing."

"I'm guessing he doesn't exactly know you're here? With a guy?"

"No, no..he'd kill me. At least I think he would." Dean sighed, "Y'know I don't really feel like talking about him right now."

"Right yeah, sorry."

"Don't be," Dean allowed a soft smile, kissing Jay's neck "I'd just much rather be doing something else." He reached down under the blanket. "So maybe you wanna quit yappin and get on me."

Dean was smiling almost all the way back to the motel. He enjoyed being able to be himself even if it had to be for one night every couple of months. The way he was hiding it from John was not ideal but it just kept getting easier each time.

He composed himself as he turned the key in the door to his shared room with John and opened the door to find John on his bed researching. It was 4 AM but it wasn't unusual for John to be awake this late.

"Where were you?"

Dean shut the door behind him, swallowing, "Out."

"You spend the night with someone?" His dad asked, not looking up at Dean. Dean nodded, "Yeah, I figured since y'know we had no more leads.."

John just nodded slowly, "Your company happen to be that bartender from earlier?"

"What? No, he was a dude."

John looked at Dean, shaking his head slightly, "You really gonna lie to me?" He said, "I saw him, give you his number. Like you were picking up a chick."

Dean suddenly felt hot, like he was sweating. He did not want to have this conversation "Well, I-"

"Are you gay Dean?" John asked, "Because I keep going over it in my head and I don't get...how I missed it- or why you- you even..?"

"Dad.."

"Do you like it? Is it a choice..?"

"It's not that simple dad." He said, his voice small. "I'm not..I'm not..gay."

"Then what? Because you don't sleep with another man unless you really want to- at least I sure as hell wouldn't."

"Okay yeah maybe..sometimes I..do it, with guys." He admitted, looking anywhere but his dad. "But I still like girls. It- it's not a choice..it's just..complicated."

Silence followed. "Okay."

"Okay? That's it?"

"What do you want me to say Dean I can't..I can't..change you."

"Do you want to?"

"..No, no I don't." John hesitates, "Does Sam know?..about you?"

"No." He said. "No one does." Lie, Bobby knows. Caught him with a dude a while back but in obvious Bobby fashion promised not to say a thing. He swore he still loved Dean. He wishes John could be like that.

"..So where do we go from here?"

John cleared his throat, "Same rules apply. Don't bring any guys around and I won't care."

Wow, real nice. But Dean didn't want dramatics or waterworks. "Yeah.. sure thing." He threw his stuff down on the bed and headed for the bathroom. Mood officially ruined.

"Oh and Dean?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry." John didn't look up, "You should've been able to tell me yourself. So for that.. I'm sorry."

"..Thanks Dad."