07 | Feel

This past week has been uneventful to say the least— well, as far as my sex life goes

I took my own advice and cut the guys off from our sexual relations. If their feelings are real for me, it wouldn't matter..right?

Besides, they're my friends and that's what really matters at the end of the day. And maybe I'm also trying to prove that to myself.

Yesterday morning I went to Prince's rehearsal and later in the day I went to the gym with Roger. I was tempted, but I didn't succumb to my desires. It was a very platonic day.

Tonight I'm supposed to be meeting Nelson for dessert at Breezy's for open mic night. He's never been, so I'm hoping he'll like it. And as of right now, I'm finishing getting ready to go out with my friends while they persuade me hook them up.

"Lela, are you listening to me?"

"You know she isn't, she's tuning us out."

I turn from the mirror to look at Ange and Nippy gossiping about me. "I am listening and you two can wait while I finish my hair. And why should I hook you up with Nelson's friends? Next thing you know, you'll be bothering me about getting in a relationship with him."

"Listen honey, we are not Mariah. I know how to separate. I'm just saying we want friends too." Ange replies with a shrug. I know it's been hard for her to get back out on the dating scene, especially with a 10 year old.

"Okay, okay.... I'll call Nelson and see if the guys want to come tonight— just don't embarrass me." I joke going to the kitchen for my landline. Whitney gives me a look like I've offended her. "Uh— you don't embarrass me."

"I'm playing!" I laugh and pick up the phone. It rings two times before Nelson answers. "What's up mama?"

"Hey, are you busy?" There's a lot of noise in the background. "No, no, let me go to my office." It quickly quiets down until the noise is gone. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay, I don't want to keep you. I just want to ask you about something..and you can say no, okay?" I turn away from my nosy ass friends so they can't read my lips.

"Go on.."

"Okay, um, can we bring our friends tonight? Whitney and Angela want to come and I was thinking Kip and Morris could tag along with you."

"Is that what you want?" He asks. Almost reluctantly I answer with a yes. "Then that's what we'll do."

"Great! I'll see you at eight!" I kind of feel better about tonight knowing other people will be there. Nelson can look at me a certain way and I'll fall onto my back.

"I guess that means we're going?" Whitney asks loudly.

•••