02 | Nelson,

Confessional...Take 1

"What can I say about Lela? I can say a lot and then some, but I'll keep it simple and to the point."

Playing with the rings on his fingers, Nelson clears his throat before beginning. "I know that a woman like Lela deserves whatever her heart desires. I know that she's genuine in our relationship and respects my situation. I've never lied to her, nor have I had to. That's the type of friendship we carry and it's something I couldn't even have in my marriage.

I know she's younger and wants to do things her way and on her 'time'...but if there were ever a chance that I could have her to myself, I'd make her the happiest woman on this earth. However, for right now I just enjoy my days with her. She couldn't be more perfect." Nelson smiles happily, shaking his head.

-FLASHBACK-
...
[3 1/2 Months Ago]

It's been a while since I stepped foot in a club, but it's girls night out and this is where Ange wanted to go. She's in the middle of a divorce and needed to be stress free for the night, and after all the bullshit her ex put her through, this is the least we could do to get her mind off of it.

"Please don't let her do anything stupid." Mimi pointed to me and Nippy before she went to the bathroom. "We're not!" However, if she ends up with a man, who's to say I'm going to stop her?

"I don't believe it." Getting up and leaving us at the table, Mariah walked past the table of guys that just sat down. Angela came up the stairs from the dance floor and took a seat. "Woo! My feet are killing me right now."

"That's cause you ain't never danced so much." Whitney laughed. "I'm glad you're having fun though."

"Me too, you deserve it." I squeeze her hand, smiling at her. She winked and squeezed it back. "Wait y'all, someone's approaching." Nippy whispered. We brought our attention to the man walking over to our table and he smiled at us.

"Hello ladies, my name is Kip. How are you tonight?"

"We're good, thanks for asking. How are you sir?" Ange answered, leaning her elbow on the table. "I'm amazing, especially with such beautiful women in the vicinity. I just wanted to come over and make sure everything is to your liking."

"Really? Is this your place?" Whitney asked. He shook his head, moving out the way. "No, it's actually my friend's place. He's the one wearing the black and green jersey. Sparkly undershirt.."

"And sunglasses in a dark club

"And sunglasses in a dark club." I add, sizing his friend from what I could see. He's definitely older and pretty in the best way a man can be.