05 | Special,

After Nelson left I sat down at my desk to write. I don't know what made me feel so inspired, but the words came easily again.

My main character was never meant to fall in love, but her love interest, Jamie, is slowly changing her mind. My readers are definitely going to be shocked with this one.

When I finally look up at the clock, it's almost 7am. "Shit." I didn't mean to stay up all night. Deciding to edit later, I save the nine new chapters and close my laptop. Nala walks over to me, rubbing against my legs and meowing. "You ready for breakfast pretty girl?"

After I'm done filling her bowls and changing her litter, I take the garbage out just in time for the truck. I know Mariah will be knocking on my door in twenty minutes, so I get dressed for our run quickly and eat a cup of yogurt and a banana.

"You're actually up on time I see."

"I actually never went to sleep." I answer, locking my door. "I was writing all night after Nelson left."

"What did he do for you to be up all night?" She asks. "Besides cook and make my eyes roll to the back of my head, he helped me stop stressing over my July due date. He's very talented at getting me to relax."

"Don't tell me you're falling for the old guy. He isn't even divorced yet—"

"They've been separated for two years Mariah and you know me better than that. Sex could never make me fall for anyone." She stopped jogging, causing me to stop a few feet ahead of her. "What?"

"Lela, you don't think that man has still been fucking on his wife?"

I've thought about it a few times, but who am I to judge him? I've got two other men in my bed, so what or who he's been doing has nothing to do with me. "That's none of my business, more power to her."

Mimi gives me a "yeah right" look as she jogs past me. She can only go on what I tell her and I haven't shared exactly why Nelson and his wife separated.

I catch up to her and change the subject, hoping she'd leave it alone. Thankfully she did and we had a pleasant run like always. However, it is no doubt she'll want to talk tonight because I have plans to see Roger at his place later.

He was in Paris for the weekend and got back yesterday. He wanted me to come over last night to see the rolls from his trip, but of course I already had plans.

After a shower and a few hours of sleep, I get myself ready and take a taxi to Roger's house. He answers the door in his robe and probably nothing else.

"Am I interrupting something?" I ask as I walk inside. "No, I was just about to get in the bath. And damn, you're looking edible in this red. Where are you coming from?"

"Uh, my home?" I giggle, hanging up my jean jacket and purse. "Did you forget I was coming over around one?"

"Of course not and does that mean this outfit is for me?" He smirks as he circles me like a shark. I give him a show, spinning playfully and ruffling my hair. "No, I wore it 'cause my ass looks great in this spandex and it's actually 70 degrees outside."

Admiring my figure, he agrees. "Your legs look great too...sss, let me show you these photos before I lose my train of thought." He takes my hand, leading me to the living area. "You developed them?"

"The ones I liked, yeah."

We sit on his couch and I get a stack from the coffee table. "These are...damn, these are really good."

"