03 | Prince,

Confessional...Take 1

"I'm not really a talkative guy around people I don't know, but... Lela is.. the woman I've been looking for in girls. It's not just that she's older.. I mean it's hot and everything, but she doesn't play games with me, ya know? She doesn't poke holes in condoms or show up at my house without calling." Prince looks away from the camera, chuckling to himself.

"I've written some music for her that I'll be playing at a gig Saturday night. She said she'll come and I'm kind of nervous to have her in the crowd.. I don't want to fuck up in front of her." He smiles shyly.

"But anyway, I really like Lela. She lets me be me and we have a lot of fun together... that's all."

-FLASHBACK-
...
[2 1/2 Months Ago]

It's Friday afternoon and I have nothing to do except look for vinyls for my collection. Angela suggested this specific shop yesterday and so far I'm liking it. It smells just like the place my dad took me to when I was little.

"Do you need help finding anything ma'am?"

Engrossed in trying to find a PFunk album, I don't turn around, "I don't know, I'm looking for a George Clinton record.."

"Well in this section it would be under Parliament, which would be first in the P's, so their stuff is right here."

He reaches to the top of the section and pulls out Mothership Connect and Chocolate City. I take the albums from him, finally looking at his face. I'm a little surprised because he looks like the younger version of Nelson. Don't tell me this man has a son..

"Wow, I probably would've been here another hour, thank you."

"My pleasure." He smiles shyly, hiding the blush on his cheeks. "Um..did you need help with anything else?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a group of 3 guys standing at the other end of the walkway, talking lowly. "Not at the moment..Prince." I answer after lifting his name tag. "I like it, it fits you."

"Thank you..can I..can I get your name?"

"It's Lela and don't be so shy, I don't bite.. Did your friends send you over here? Try to get an older woman's number or something?"

 Did your friends send you over here? Try to get an older woman's number or something?"

"No..I just couldn't let you leave without saying something. And then I saw you were browsing for a while. Those are my band mates by the way, they just want something to talk about when I fine them." He chuckles.