11 December

Friday. 11 December. The night of the Winter Formal. The highlight of all the years we have spent on Bangtan High. The chance for couples to be born. The reason everyone is excited. The night of my favourite movie marathon.

I lay on my sofa popping popcorn into my mouth every now and then. Tears streamed down my face as I watched the movie.

"Why are you doing this to her?" I shouted at the television. "She didn't do anything wrong!"

I grumbled curses at the main character in the movie who was planning to take his revenge upon his innocent girlfriend.

At that point, the doorbell rang, letting loose another string of curses. I checked the time.

7.15pm.

It had only been 15 minutes since the Winter Formal had started. How did they find out so soon?

The doorbell kept ringing, annoying me.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Sheesh. Why is everyone so impatient now-" I stopped immediately when I saw the person in front of me. My frown quickly turned into a deep scowl. "What are you doing here?"

Hana stood at my doorstep in her knee-length pink dress. She did look pretty, but it wasn't me to tell her that now.

"You think I want to be here?" she asked back.

I was about to close the door but she put her foot there to stop it(nice heels she had there though).

I winced on behalf of her. It must have hurt. I opened the door slightly.

"BTS made me come here." she said, throwing a dress- I had no idea where she got that from- a shoe box, and a mask with intricate design into my arms. "You better come."

With that, she turned and left in what looked like a limousine.

I scoffed. "Yeah, right."

I threw the things onto the sofa and was about to plop back onto the sofa, but the doorbell rang. I groaned and stomped towards the door.

"What now? Having second thoughts?" I asked, but for the second time that night, I was interrupted by my own shock.

V stood there, in his suit and all. I burst out laughing at his awkwardness in wearing the suit. He just glared at me, probably knowing the reason I laughed.

"Sorry," I apologised once I cooled down. "So, what now?"

He took out his phone and snapped a picture.

"What the-?" I exclaimed in shock

"So you were crying," he said as he placed his phone back into his pants pocket.

Wait. He thinks I'm crying because I couldn't go?

"Oh no no no," I quickly said. "Movies are more worth spilling tears over than that stupid Formal."

"You lied to me about going," he said seriously.

"Yes, yes I did. But what can you do about that?" I asked.

I did not want to go to the event. There was no one to go with, no parents to send me off, and no genuine intent on going in the first place. Besides, I didn't want to miss the movie marathon.

V patted his pocket. "All the unglam pictures I have of you can be sent to the whole student body."

I showed him a disgusted look. "You stalker."

He just shrugged and stared at me, waiting.

I let out an exasperated sigh. "Fine. I'll go. But you are responsible if anything happens to me."