And We Weren't Invited

There were balloons floating all around the two-storey building (you could see the second floor from here) and a big banner, hung from one end of the house to the other said, "Congratulations for Debut!". What I noticed first and most were the people. There were so many people in here. I recognised quite a bunch to be from our class. They were dancing to the blasting music (BTS' s music, of course). I vaguely remembered Tae Yeon nudge me as we watched the scene before us.

"Congratulations to BTS!" Hana exclaimed as she walked out of the kitchen, carrying a huge cake with the same words written on them.

Hana was wearing really short pants(ugh, it might even be as short as her underwear) and a hello kitty tank top. Seriously, Hello Kitty?

At that moment, I finally spotted the whole of BTS. They were all lounging on the long sofa, the sofa being the only furniture not put aside for the party to commence. Like me and Tae Yeon, they were still in their school attire.

Everyone present at that moment cheered noisily as RapMon cut the cake proudly.

Tae Yeon and I exchanged glances. She looked at me with a reassuring look, somehow saying, "it's okay, don't feel upset". I was quite surprised at her optimism, since my look probably showed, "let's take revenge". I shrugged when her eyes widened in slow apprehension of my intention.

I was upset, but not for myself. I was angry for Tae Yeon. She was the girl closest to BTS and look what they had done to her. Not only had they made her feel like an outcast, they had excluded her from everything! They had replaced her with Hana in just one day. What pissed me off most was she was one of their members' sister.

I pulled Tae Yeon into the crowd with me, unable to deal with how badly they treated her. We squeezed through to get to the center of the crowd, where BTS and Hana were.

When we did reach the center, everyone was looking at us. The living room turned quiet. Even the music stopped.

Tae Yeon looked at me,  unsure and hurt. Soon, everyone's eyes were focused on me.

I put my hands up. "Oh no, don't look at me. Go on with your celebration. Tae Yeon and I are just classmates invited to this party." I pretended to think, tapping my index finger repeatedly on my chin. "Oh, wait! We weren't invited."

There were some murmurs passed along the crowd. Hana just stared at us, dumbstruck. BTS looked confused.

"What do you mean, you weren't invited?" RapMon asked, clearly confused. "Didn't you get the invitation?"

I was about to say no when Hana cut in. "Um! Let's just continue with the celebration. Whatever the case, we're glad you're here, Hye Young." Her smile was sickeningly sweet.

I mirrored her smile. "Thanks, but no thanks. Me and Tae Yeon have other things to do now, like maybe study for the exams, which will be coming in two weeks but apparently nobody else knows that. Or maybe go to better parties, but we wouldn't know that better than you, since you're the one crashing everyone else's parties and getting drunk."

Everyone gasped.

"W-what- I- You- When-" Hana stuttered.

I crossed my arms. "So it's true. The rumor of you, Princess."

I used my old nickname for her to mock her.

Hana seemed to become angrier. Her eyes flashed as she clenched her fists. Her jaw hardened.

"Don't flatter me, Ice Princess, at least I have better company than you, a useless good-for-nothing nerd. Ever so cold to everyone. I mean, what kind of nerd, smart and all that, doesn't have friends or parents and live off of someone else's money?" She snickered at me.