Too Much to Handle

"I like you."

The timid yet determined voice stopped me in my tracks. Actually, it was both the voice and words that stopped me. I recognised that voice. I peeked from the corner slowly.

The guy's back faced me but I still could clearly recognise the guy on the receiving end of the confession. I scowled. He was everywhere I went!

The girl, however, shocked me more. It was Soo Min, my Science lab partner. She was a very quiet girl and I had to talk most of the time just to ward off the awkwardness. She was pretty, but like me, she preferred to keep a low profile. Well, she had managed to do it until now.

V seemed to wait for a few moments. I could see the perspiration trickling on Soo Min's forehead. V was obviously making her nervous!

"Can you please accept my feelings?" she asked softly.

"I don't like you, and I don't even know you," he deadpanned.

What?!

"Oh, um." There was an awkward pause as she struggled to respond. "Thanks for being honest anyway. I-I guess I'll go now."

She set off in the direction away from me, but I still hurriedly hid out of sight. I waited a few seconds, thinking V would probably be walking away now. In the meantime, I tried to process what I had just witnessed. I admired Soo Min's courage to confess, because if she hadn't, she would never be able to like someone else more worthy, and nicer than that angry little--

"Had fun watching?"

I jumped in surprise. V stared at me with a smug look on his face. I found no point in trying to deny my intention, so I just cut to the chase.

I looked at him pointedly. "Did you have to reject her like that?"

V seemed a bit surprised by my question. "What did you expect me to do? Date her when I really have no feelings for her and then dump her when I get bored of her? Or should I two-time her?"

"Isn't that what arrogant jerks like you do?" I muttered, my voice low enough for him not to hear.

He frowned. "Plus, celebrities aren't supposed to date, especially in school."

He had a point there.

"I wasn't saying that you should date her," I countered. "It's just- well- that you could have rejected her in a nicer way. Say 'sorry, I can't accept your feelings because I don't feel the same way' or something. You were such a jerk just now!"

"Who are you to tell me how to respond anyway?" he half-shouted at me. "Have you even received at least one confession?"

Ouch.

He did not stop there. "And why are you everywhere I am? Should I reject you too? Is that what you want to do? Confess?"

I just stared at him. I knew I was mean calling him a jerk and telling him what to do, but this- this was too much.

He glared at me now. "No words to say now? This is your last chance to confess."

I shook my head. "Wow. I didn't know you were so- so... I don't even know how to describe you. I definitely do not harbor feelings for a guy like you and probably never will."

I walked off, my heart feeling like an anchor. So alas, V was just the normal arrogant celebrity anyone could find in prestigious schools. I shouldn't have expected more.

I saw the rest of BTS along the way. They asked me if I knew where V was and I pointed to the direction I just came from.

I was planning to go home and rest, so I headed to my locker to keep my books. As I was tidying up the locker, I felt someone's breath on my neck. Feeling uncomfortable, I immediately turned.