4

Leonard and I were running the music while Luke was giving Gemma the interview. "Why do you keep looking over there?" He spoke up as I looked over at him. "I'm not." I lie. "Wait, is that the Gemma that's dating your hot neighbor?" He asked as I punched his arm.

"You wanna be any louder? And I think so. I don't know anyone else with that name." I explain as I get the next song up and playing. "Damn, she's hot though so I would smash." He said staring at her. I looked at him grossily as he stared at her. "You're gross." I shake my head as I try to find the next song.

"Hate to break it to you but she just became the hottest in the station." This is why I don't associate myself with Leonard. I looked back over at them to see her smile and then shake hands. They get up and start walking over to us so I quickly look away. "Hey guys." Luke said as they both walk in.

I turn around to them and take the headphones off. "This is Gemma and she's gonna start with us tomorrow. Gemma, this is Leonard and Vee." He said introducing us to her. "Leonard is the news director, and Vee is the music director." He said as she looked into my eyes.

If looks could kill, I'd just got shot at. "Vee, you're gonna train her for the next couple of days, alright?" He said as I shook my head yes. "I'm happy to be working here with you guys." She smiled as Luke walked her out.

"Bump me." Leonard said bringing up fist to fist bump me. "I'd rather not." I turned around to the computer as I put my headphones on. When Luke walked back in, he sat on the other side of me. "Hey Luke, you hired her hot neighbors girlfriend." Leonard joked making him drop his jaw.

"That's her?" He asked as I leaned back. "I'm pretty sure. I don't know anyone else with the name Gemma." I say working on my computer. "Does she know who you are?" What's up with them today? "I don't know but I would like to keep it that way." I say honestly. I don't want any problems between me and her. "Drama!" Leonard said as I stood up.

"I'm going to go get lunch, you two want anything?" I grab my keys as I wait for their answer. "Can you get me a milkshake from in and out?" Leonard asked while doing his stuff. "I'll take a burger. Thanks Vee." Luke said as I walked out the soundbooth and towards the door.

I walk into the heat, and it honestly felt good. It was luckily a short drive so all I had to do was take a few turns and I would be there. I parked when I got there so I quickly walk in. While I was waiting in line, I hear someone call my name. I look over to see Colby, his friend Sam, another girl, and Gemma.

So I was right, that is Colby's girlfriend. Looks like they made up real quick. Colby got up and walked over to me. "Hey, you wanna come eat with us?" He asked nicely. His girlfriend looked like she was about go off. "I would but I'm getting stuff for everyone at the station." I say trying to not think about Gemmas stare.

"You're a busy person, aren't you?" He asked crossing his arms. "I guess you could say that. I can see that you and your girlfriend made up." I say as the line moves up closer. I look over at her and she's staring at me like she could kill me.

"Yeah, we had a long talk about it after you checked up on me." I was next up for line and for some reason, Colby wouldn't leave. The empolyee looked at me and said I could come up next. "I better get their food. Have a nice meal." I say walking to the empolyee. After I ordered, I waited against the wall for it.

As I was checking my messages, I felt something bump into me, almost knocking me over. I look up to see Gemma walking towards the bathroom. "Stay away from my boyfriend, bitch." She said as they called my number. He's the one who came over to me.

I look over at Colby and his table were laughing. I just roll my eyes as I grab my food and walk out. Colby is an absolute douche. I drive to the station and give them their food. "You alright, Vee?" Luke asked when I gave him his food.

"Yeah, I'm just tired of dumbass people." I say walking to the soundbooth. "What happened?" He asked taking a bite from his burger. "Gemma and Colby were at In and Out and he came up to me while I was waiting in line. He started talking about how they made up and shit like that. Well after that, I ordered my food and when I was waiting, she 'bumps' into me and basically threatened me." I explain as he listened.

"You think she'll be a threat at work?" He asked as I shook my head no. "I can handle it myself. It just makes me mad because I don't even like the guy." I rant to the two guys.

"She's still hot." Leonard said drinking his milkshake. Luke and I just look at each other as we continued to eat. "Whatever you say man." Luke said eating his fries.

The rest of the day was super long but it was alright because Luke tried to make it better. As I walked to my apartment, I decided to check my mail. "Hey Vee." I hear Colby say as I open my box. I look over at him and he's smiling to next to me.

I grab my mail as I close the door. "Yeah, Hey." I say as I walk past him, I learned today that he was a douche was just acting nice to me.

"Wait, did I do something?" He asked sounding hurt. I turned to him before opening the door. "Why don't you ask your girlfriend." I say opening the door to the lobby and going to the elevator.

This is exactly why I don't trust anyone.