14

"You're gonna be safe right?" I ask Colby as he zips his suitcase up. "Don't worry, Vee. I'll be alright." He stood up while fixing his hair. I check the time and I should be heading to work. "Have fun, and be safe. I gotta get to work." We exchanged goodbyes as I head out the door.

I drive to work, not ready for these next couple of days. I'm not gonna lie, I already miss everyone. When I got to work, Luke and Leonard were in the sound booth while Gemma was looking through the vinyl's. "Hey buddy." Luke said when I walked in.

Gemma looked at me up and down in a disgusting way. Looks like she still hates me. I should kill her with kindness. I smile nicely at her while waving at her. She rolled her eyes as I walked passed her.

"Hey, Vee. Come look at this." Luke said when I got into the sound booth. "You know how Coachella is this weekend?" He asked as I nodded my head. "I found a livestream that's gonna be showing some of the artists there so while we're stuck here, we still get to see the artists." Luke explained while leaning back in his chair.

"I'm friends with one of the artist." Leonard spoke up as we looked at him. "Oh really, who?" Luke asked as I cheekily smile. "Dj Snake." I couldn't help but laugh along with Luke. Leonard just looked at us as we laugh.

"You're so funny Leonard." I say sitting down. That's how the rest of the work day went. We spent it joking around and laughing with each other. "Vee!" I hear as I walk out. I turn around to see Luke running towards me. "What are you doing tonight? I need a soccer buddy." He asked as I sadly decline.

"I'm gonna go home and make some beats while everyone's gone. These next few days are crucial." I smile as he does the same. "Alright, well I'll see you tomorrow." I wave as I get into my car. I drive to my apartment listening to music.

When I got to my apartment, it was super quiet. I can definitely say that I'm not used to it. I go up to my music area and spend what seems like hours making a new tape. I check the time to see it was almost ten o'clock. I order some pizza cause I'm too lazy to cook and sit outside my balcony.

It honestly feels weird being alone. I'm getting used to hanging around Colby all the time. I'm honestly surprised that Colby didn't take Gemma since they were talking again. It honestly makes me mad that they were talking and how he instantly trust her.

I hear my doorbell ring so I get up and answer it. After I ate what I wanted, I went on my computer upstairs. I went into twitter and typed her name. I clicked on the first person I saw, which was her.

She didn't have many followers. I checked to see if Colby was following her, and he wasn't. That's weird, she wasn't following him either.  I looked through her pictures to see her with some guy. The pictures showed him kissing her cheek and it was from yesterday. The fact that she's cheating again and Colby isn't even here.

I knew I couldn't trust her. I leaned back in my chair as I had the picture blown up. I then looked at my MacBook to see Colby facetiming me. I can't tell him over facetime, I gotta do it face to face. I move over to my MacBook and answer the facetime.

When I answer it, his smiling face pops up onto the screen. "Hey Venus." I can already tell that he's drunk. "How drunk are you?" I ask as he laughs. "I'm not drunk. Right Brennen?" He said moving his camera to Brennen's face. I'm not even surprised that they're drunk.

"We're not drunk. But you are looking beautiful right now." Brennen flirted while I rolled my eyes. "Those are the two biggest lies I've ever heard." I say to the drunken guys. "Brennen's just drunk and horny, don't listen to him." Colby slurred as I shook my head towards the guys. "Colby, call me back when you're sober. I'm kinda busy right now anyway." I say as I hang up the call.

I tap my foot on the ground as I stare at the picture. I noticed she tagged a guy so I sit up and look at his twitter. I'm gonna find out who this guy is. I call the only person who could help me in town.

"Hey, Leonard. Can you come over and help me with something?" I ask as he picks up. "Yeah, just send me your address." He told me over the phone. Even though he was super weird, he was crazy smart about some stuff. I told him to bring his computer and hurry up because this is urgent.

After maybe twenty minutes, I finally hear a knock on my door so I rush down the steps to open the door. "Nice apartment Vee." Leonard complimented as I drug him up the stairs. "Dude, are you okay?" He asked as we got to the top of the steps.

I explained the whole situation to him while he listened. "So what you're telling me is that you want me to find out where this guys lives so I can see if Gemma is with him right now and cheating on your hot neighbor?" He asked making sure he got everything okay.

"Yes, and don't think I'm crazy but I don't want Colby to get hurt." I say as he sighs. "What's in it for me?" He asked as I groan. I try to think of something I could do for him but I can't think of anything.

"I'll pay for your lunch for week." I offer to him as he agreed. "Okay, so all I have to do to is hack into his twitter and read his dms." He explained getting on his computer. He silently did stuff on his computer while I watched from behind him.

"Are you just gonna watch me?" Leonard asked as I backed off. "I'll get you a water." I say walking to my kitchen. I grab a water bottle and head towards my steps. "Hey, we're in the account but we can't be on long." He spoke up as I jogged up the steps.

"Does he have any dms with Gemma?" I ask sitting down next to him. "His most recent one is with Gemma. Looks like we got his address." He said looking up at me. "Put it in your phone, we're going on a little trip." I smile while standing up.

I run downstairs and grab a sweatshirt just incase it's chilly. I look upstairs to see him looking at me from the balcony. "Are you sure this is a good idea to stalk your hot neighbors girlfriend?" He asked scratching his face.

"Leonard, you would want someone to tell you that your girlfriend is cheating on you, right?" He stood there for a second, thinking about his answer.

"Yeah but we got the proof, isn't that good enough?" He asked walking down the steps and looking at me. "No, he won't believe the dms. That's why we go to his house and take the pictures of her at his house." I say putting my hair up.

He looks at me like I'm crazy when I put my shoes on. "What if Colby leaves you?" This is the first time I've heard Leonard call him by his actual name so I know he's serious. "I've had people leave and I know we're nothing more than just friends so I'll be fine. I'll pay you." I say as he quickly agrees.

We follow the gps map to his house and it wasn't too far from the apartment. We were parked outside his house with the lights off and car stopped. I recognized her car in the driveway of his house.

"We could be here for hours, Vee." Leonard said trying to get out of it. "Just keep refreshing his twitter." We have his twitter pulled up on his phone and we're seeing if he'd post anything.

After almost an hour, we saw the front door open up. "Leonard. I think that's Gemma." I whisper as we look out the window. Thank god my windows are tented. We saw Gemma holding hands with this guy as they walked out.

She laughed at something he said as they stopped at her car. I pick my phone up so I could take a picture. It was kinda hard to see but you could make out it was her. They kissed and let me tell you, there was a lot of tongue.

How am I supposed to tell Colby that I caught his girlfriend cheating on him without him hating me?