Chapter 4

"GAH!"
Izuku wakes up next to Todoroki sitting up, gasping.
"Sh-Shouto?" Izuku rubs his eyes.
"Ah! S-sorry, Mido-Izuku. Go back to sleep," Todoroki rubs his face.
"Not until you tell me what happened."
Shouto sighed. "It was just another nightmare."
Izuku shakes his head, "just another nightmare isn't a good thing to say. Would you feel better if you talked about it?"
Shouto looks at his roommate, tears streaming down his cheeks. "Yes. It would help a lot."
<<<>>>
"T-thanks, Izu," Todoroki says.
"Izu?"
"IZUKU! I-I'm sorry..."
The freckled boy giggles, "it's okay! You can call me Izu if I can call call you Sho!"
Todoroki nods, warmth settling on his face.
"What time is it?" Shouto asks.
"It's 11:58. Want to go outside for a bit?" Midoriya responds.
Todoroki nods, slipping on his robe and shoes, Izuku following suit. Double-checking that they have the key, the two step outside.
"It's cold..." Midoriya steps closer to Todoroki causing him to burst in flames, "AHH! TODOROKI!"
"SHIT!" they accidentally scream. Luckily, everyone was a heavy sleeper so nobody woke up.
"What happened? Are you alright?" Izuku starts patting out the fire.
"Y-yeah... I'm okay... did you get burned?" he takes Midoriya's face in his hands, inspecting for any burns, "you have some ash on the tip of your nose."
Shouto licks his thumb and rubs the ash off.
"Thanks, Sh-Shouto..." Midoriya mumbles.
"You still cold?"
"Mhm."
Todoroki wraps his arms around the other, activating his quirk slightly.
'He's so small... no wonder he's so cold!'
<<<>>>
The boys go back inside and go back to sleep.
The next morning, Izuku wakes up at 6:23. He sees Shouto fast asleep. As he tries to get up, he finds out that he can't, for Shouto is holding him protectively in his arms.
Midoriya turns to study the other's features. They way his hair falls over his face, the way he has small, almost invisible freckles on his nose, how his scar fades into his skin perfectly, anything he can look at.
After five minutes, Todoroki starts to stir, causing his hair to fall into his eyes a bit more.
"Good morning, Midoriya," Shouto sits up and stretches, his morning voice low and gravelly.
"Hi, Sho! Did you sleep well?" Izuku asks, his voice also slightly gravelly.
"Yes, how about you?"
"Good. Breakfast starts in half an hour, by the way," Midoriya mentions, "I'm gonna take a fast shower."
<<<>>>
The freckled boy comes out of the washroom, hair sticking to his forehead and only in his shorts. He gets out a blow dryer and starts drying his hair.
'So that's how his hair is so fluffy and soft...' Shouto thinks as he watches Izuku skillfully dry every curl.
"Like what you see?" Izuku turns around and laughs.
"I-I'm gonna shower too..." Todoroki grabs his clothes and walks into the steaming washroom.
(A/N: the sink area and the shower/toilet area are separate)
<<<>>>
Shouto comes out of the shower in his jeans and lets his hair air-dry.
"Breakfast in five minutes, put a shirt on!" Midoriya shouts from his bed. He has on a shirt that says 'T-Shirt' and his usual red sneakers. Shouto pulls on a plain white t-shirt with a leather jacket.
They run out of their cabin and meet up with Momo and Jirou, also rushing to breakfast. Luckily, the four made it just in time.
"So Aizawa-Sensei, what will we be practicing today?" Iida asks, taking a bite of food.
"Well, since it's your first day here and all, I thought that you and your roommate could explore the area. Get to know where you are better. How does that sound?" Eraserhead announces.
People nod and mutter to their friends.
"I thought you were going vegetarian?" Izuku nods at Shouto's plate.
"Too hard. I miss fish," he responds coolly.
"I have a good idea guys! Let's play would you rather DARE EDITION, and which one we choose, we have to DO!" Mina yells once Aizawa was gone.
"What happens if we don't do so?" Izuku asks.
"You need to turn yourself in to Mr. Aizawa for doing something you didn't do. For example, if Bakugou doesn't fit as many marshmallows as he can into his mouth or whatever, he would have to tell Mr. Aizawa that he broke a rule, like stealing someone's room key!" the pink girl says excitedly.
Everyone agrees, and Ashido starts by asking Tsuyu a would you rather.
"Asui! Would you rather hold Mineta's hand for two minutes or get blasted by Bakugou's explosion. A LIGHT ONE, HEDGEHOG!"
"Oh God, I guess Bakugou's explosion. Go easy on me," Tsu faces the hothead. Bakugou pokes her shoulder, causing a light explosion to form.
"Ribbit. Kirishima, would you rather sit in Bakugou's lap for the rest of the game or have your quirk activated for the rest of the day?"
Eijirou slowly gets up and places himself in Bakugou's lap. "Bakubro! Would you rather throw Mineta into a tree or throw Midoriya into a tree?"
"Damn it. I guess Mineta is more of a shit than Deku..." Bakugou moves Kirishima to throw Mineta at a tree.
<<<>>>
"Todoroki! Would you rather hold hands with Deku for the rest of the game or freeze your food and then eat it cold?" Uraraka asks. Shouto blushes visibly and grabs Izuku's hand.
"Who wants cold grilled fish?" the flustered boy asks, "Izuku, would you rather Detroit-Smash anyone of your choice into the cabin wall or hug Bakugou without him blowing up on you?"
"Why did you call that bastard Izuku?" Bakugou asks.
"Because I let him. Anyways, I would rather hug Kacchan. C-can you let go of my hand?" he stutters. Shouto drops his hand, the cold morning air annoying without Midoriya's hand to warm him up.
After Izuku comes back, Shouto grasps his hand again.
"Alright everyone! Find your roommate and start exploring!" Yamada shouts from. the RV that they brought along.
"Where do you want to start?"

(A/N: omg this is so bad but heyyyy we're back in texasssss on our way to missouriiiiii yee to the haw beans)