Chapter 29: Memory (Karlheinz part 1)

The moment their lips touched, Karlheinz became puzzled as he received a small string of memories.

An image of a dying child appeared inside his mind. In the woods, the boy lay in the muddy ground, gripping his crimson chest. The moonlight shone upon his ghostly pale face that was wearing an unexpected expression— A smile—A smile that shows the boy's acceptance of his inevitable death. Unsurprisingly, seeing this part of the memory, Karlheinz was undisturbed but rather amused. He wasn't sorry for the dying child. Instead, he was disappointed. What an interesting fellow, it's such a shame that he's going to die soon. Karlheinz lamented, What a waste of a perfectly good experiment subject!

Continuing with the memory, the boy finally acknowledged "Karlheinz" presence and using his remaining energy, the child stared at him with bright eyes; opened his feeble mouth and spoke the words that piqued Karlheinz's interest to its very core—"My Angel."

The memory only lasted a couple of milliseconds, before Karlheinz regained some of his focus and teleported to the Garden to make a contract with Krone. Karlheinz continued to wonder, How could a human describe a monster like me an angel? As long as Karlheinz remember, he has always been secretly called a "bastard," "beast," "scoundrel..."—no one would actually dare call the King of Vampires those words right in his face. The best adjective that someone could give him is "God" —Though that was mostly out of fear and admiration for his strong powers. Even his friend Socrates would call him a man without virtue and his brother, Richter, would agree that he is a ruthless man. Karlheinz himself, admits, he is incapable of love. So how in the world the word, "Angel" fits him?!

The boy must be delusional! Though, that doesn't matter...It doesn't matter if the boy is just a child oblivious of his true nature. It doesn't matter that it could just be a spur of the moment. It doesn't matter if it was just a mistake...The boy caught the devil's interest—He must be prepared to take the consequences.

During these sequence of thoughts, the genius vampire also deducted a few things. First, the memory he received was his own memory since he could sense his own power in it. Where it came from? Karlheinz needs more data to support his prediction. Second, the memories include his five senses(He could see, smell, hear, taste, and touch inside the memory.) Third, Krul is the independent variable, without him, no memories. Skin contact seems to be one of the main triggers. Hmm...Karlheinz smirked while thinking about how to abduct the little vampire. All of this thinking process pass through Karlheinz mind in a matter of seconds. Krone barely notices anything and continue to proceed with the negotiation. 

***Author's Note***

I'm going to segway to Karlheinz then come back again and continue the Tsukinamis. 

Anyway, this past week, I've been so obsessed with KUROKO NO BASUKE fanfics, here are my thoughts:

1) What if Kuroko used his misdirection during his mother's ultrasound?

Doctor: "Ma'am are you sure you're pregnant?"

Kuroko's Mom: "Y-yes, doctor. I-is there any problems?"

Doctor: "...I can't find your baby." 

2) Kise calls Kuroko - Kurokochii!

Kise: Kurokochii!

Aomine: W-wHAT!? Cockroach!? WHERE?! *Hides behind Kise

Kise, Kuroko:...

Kuroko: That's why I told you to stop calling me that..  

Thanks for reading~