Scene 11 - The end?

It is almost the end of school again. The clock ticking slowly. The class remains silent. Copying off the board because that is the best schools can do at this point. Mr. Stacey sits at his desk, waiting for the class to finish. Maddy and her friends are sat at the back, as they watch time slowly run down, and the bell to release them from school. They begin a quiet conversation. Shannon calls out to Rhydian and Maddy in front of her.

Shannon:

Did you two go out last night?

Rhydian:

Yeah.

Tom:

Just leave them, Shannon. They went out, so what?

Shannon:

It could be important.

Rhydian:

You could say that I guess.

Shannon:

What happened?

Tom:

Don't be so nosey.

Maddy:

You guys ought to know.

Shannon:

Go on.

Maddy:

We were being filmed.

Rhydian:

We went back out there again. And we met a guy. A General.

Maddy:

He is from the SASH organization.

Tom:

SASH? Very futuristic.

Rhydian:

They're obviously a secret organization that are hunting down Wolfbloods.

Shannon:

What happened last night?

Maddy:

He chased us and tried to kill us.

Shannon:

What?

Rhydian:

We led him back towards the swamp.

Shannon:

How did you lose him?

Maddy:

Well... He fell back in the swamp. And he must have drowned.

Tom:

Madds, why didn't you tell us this earlier?

Maddy:

Yeah well he wasn't exactly a nice bloke. If we tell someone he died then people will think we killed him and then the police and the SASH will be onto us. Then it will put us all back in danger.

Shannon:

This SASH, what exactly do they do?

Rhydian:

I learnt earlier that they are based in Washington. They're a security service out to protect mankind.

Maddy:

They've known about Wolfbloods for years, and they want to wipe us out.

Tom:

You haven't done anything bad against the human race, have you?

Maddy:

Of course not.

Shannon:

Well why would they wanna wipe out the Wolfblood race then?

Rhydian:

Because we are different, that's why. And because we are different they see us as a threat.

Tom:

Yeah, but I'm sure you'll all be fine, won't you? We've been in worse situations than this before.

Rhydian:

Yeah. But this is a massive security organization we are talking about. With massive transporter crafts and machine cannons.

Shannon:

And all this has been kept secret by the US government?

Maddy:

Until now, so it seems.

Rhydian:

We could still be in danger right now. They know of our existence, and that the General hasn't reported back. So they might search for him. And then they will come here. They can detect us remember.

Shannon:

Wait, can they?

Tom:

Yeah, but we're cool. You'll be fine guys.

Maddy and Rhydian turn back around, engaging in their own deep conversation.

Rhydian:

We can't tell anyone else about the General.

Maddy:

But someone will find out.

Rhydian:

Then who do we tell? The police and SASH will get involved and find out it was us.

Maddy:

I know. All we can do is just hope.

Rhydian:

You think we will see them again?

Maddy:

One day.

Back in the swamp that cold, dreary night, something seemed to pass over. Something green. Something like two green rings... Perhaps they claimed another victim... But the General was back. A gungy hand reaches out, tensing as the bones and veins reveal out of the hand...

General Brock:

I'll be back, Maddy Smith!

End.

(End credits)