Scene 8 - The Manhunt is on!

Maddy and Rhydian continue to run in the forest. Running and running and running... The General has been able to return to his transporter, contacting the President on the radio as a hologram pops up.

President:

And you just let them escape? Just like that?

General Brock:

I know sir, but I'm bleeding. It might be infected.

President:

Quit whining, General! You capture those two alive, and I want them brought back to Washington, PRONTO!

The call ends. The engines activate, as the car zooms off, following the tracks and DNA of Maddy and Rhydian. He frowns. General Brock activates a button, as the jets rise – into the air. The car flew into the air. Maddy and Rhydian notice the rising vehicle.

Rhydian:

The transporter!

Maddy:

Come on!

The car pursues in the air, racing downwards onto them. The guns are revealed out of the transporter, shooting aimlessly and randomly. BANG! BANG! BANG! They deliberately miss. Maddy and Rhydian try to dodge and avoid best they can. The Manhunt is on!

Rhydian:

Maddy, we are approaching a trap!

Maddy:

When?

Rhydian:

I've got a plan!

Maddy:

It better be good, Rhydian!

Rhydian:

When I tell you to jump, jump!

The car picks up speed, lowering its height. Almost charging downwards, charging downwards! It still fires bullets! The car touches down on the ground, speeding down on the ground, preparing to ram the two Wolfbloods.

NOW!

They jump! We flow in slow motion, as they fly over the trap. They land on their two feet, before speeding back off. The Transporter runs over the trap – hardly touching it.

There are still more around!

Maddy:

How do we know where they are?

Rhydian:

Trust me Maddy!

The car is almost touching them! They are approaching a lake – a swamp. Murky, dirty and horrid. It seems like grass, only sludgy.

When I tell you Maddy, you dive to the left, and I dive to the right.

He's going to get them!

DIVE MADDY, DIVE!

They dive. Rolling over. Inside, General Brock's eyes widen. The SASH Transporter rises and dives into the swamp! SPLASH! The car slowly sinks in the slimy gunge, very slowly. The transporter has been sucked into the swamp.