xv. antonio dawson.💫 [1]

requested

requested.

-

Flashback.

"Alright everyone!" Hank's voice was rough and almost annoyed. Antonio looked up to see a woman walk in behind Voight. She had brown hair that was long and curly. Her smile was gorgeous; white and contagious. She was perfect. Antonio watched her closely as he sipped his coffee. "This here is my daughter, Aaliyah," Voight announced, making Antonio spit out his beverage. He coughed, but covered it quickly. Everyone including Aaliyah looked at him, but only she smiled.

Jay handed Antonio a napkin to clean his desk. "Woah, woah, woah. Hank is down with the brown?" Alex Ruzek joked, and Voight only smirked slightly. Everyone laughed except Antonio who was still surprised. His daughter? Did he hear him right? "Aaliyah got a job offer as a journalist in the area, so she'll be staying with me for the next few weeks before he new apartment is ready. Until then, you all will keep your hands," he snapped him Kevin Atwater's face. "And eyes to yourselves," he told them seriously.

"Aaliyah is off limits, got it?" He asked everyone and they all nodded. All except Antonio..

End of flashback.

"Antonio, stop it," you whined playfully, hearing him chuckle. He kept tickling you no matter how many times you told him to stop. You heard a knock at your door, and froze. "Aaliyah, you here?" You heard your dad's rough voice through your apartment door. "Hide," you whispered to Antonio who hopped off the couch and ran into your bathroom. He hopped in the shower and pulled the curtain closed as you opened the door.

"Hey dad, what's up?" You asked, calmly. He walked in, sitting down a bag of Chinese food on your kitchen counter. "Did someone just go in your bathroom?" He asked, glancing in the direction. You closed the door and walked over to him. "No, it was the tv," you lied. "The tv is off," he pointed to the black screen. "I turned it off when you got here. What's up with all this?" You questioned, growing more and more anxious the longer he was in here.

"I figured we'd have dinner together, ya know? A little father daughter time?" He smiled, pulling out the fortune cookies, handing you one. Antonio listened quickly and felt the feeling of fear set in. "I would, Dad, but I have terrible cramps right now," you placed a hand on your stomach, frowning your face to match your story. "Well, I can stick around if you want-" "no, no. I'll be fine, just need some medicine and some rest," you reassured him, almost rushing him out. You placed his Chinese food in the bag as he left yours on the counter.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow. Love you," he hugged you, and you smiled. "Love you too, Dad," you told him, following him out. "Is that your phone?" He furrowed his eyebrow at the cell phone on the table beside the couch. It was Antonio's. "It's my new work phone," you gulped nervously, praying he'd believe you and leave. Thankfully, he did. When he left, Antonio walked back into the living room where you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. You turned around to face him.

"We gotta tell him,"

-

After his shift ended, Antonio grabbed his jacket off the back of his desk chair. "Hey Voight, could I have a word?" He asked, noticing Hank was still in his office. Hank took his glasses off and looked at Antonio. Antonio sighed. "You aren't gonna like me much after I ask you this, but I'm here to ask for your blessing," he pushed all his words out in one breath. "Aaliyah and I have been together for a while, and-" "I know," Voight interrupted, and Antonio was confused. "I, uh, I mean.. huh?"

"I knew one of you was gonna be hardheaded enough to not listen when I told you Aaliyah was off limits, I just prayed she was smart enough not to choose the worst one of you," he folded his arms as he sat back in his chair. "Luckily, she made a great choice," Voight's words were encouraged, but Antonio's palms were still sweaty. "Antonio, you're a great detective. You took over the unit while I was out, and you did a damn good job," Antonio sat on pins and needles.

"My daughter isn't like this job.. and I trust you with her. The last 3 years, she's been the happiest I've ever seen her, and I'm guessing that's when you two started dating. I put two and two together fairly quickly," he laughed. "Antonio Dawson, you have my blessing," Voight said and he sighed thankfully. He shook his hand happily, a smile all over his face.

For fentyprintson 💥