xxxiii. judson "judd" ryder.🌾

TW/CW: Racism/Strong LanguageA/N: this imagine is seen from the point of view of a person of color

A/N: this imagine is seen from the point of view of a person of color.

"Judd, I've never been to a honky tonk before, but it doesn't sound too.. welcoming," you told him, a nervous laugh emitting from my lips. Judd put an arm around you, pulling you close to him. "Darlin', it's part of my life. I just want you to go with me this weekend. They're having my favorite live band playin', too. It'll be perfect," he told you, and you couldn't say no to all the excitement in his voice. But something gave you a bad feeling..

-

Judd walked down the stairs, a smile on his face. "Judson Ryder.." you were floored at his attire. He was wearing a white cowboy hat, a baby blue plaid shirt, a pair of denim jeans with a large belt buckle, and a pair of dirty, beat up cowboy boots. He looked sexy.. You walked over to him, and he leaned down to kiss you sweetly. You gently wrapped your arms around his neck, bringing him closer. "You are dern tootin' the finest specimen I have ever seen," you joked, and he released a loud, bellowing laugh, his arms still wrapped around your waist. "Your country slang needs some work, but it still cracks me up," he was still trying to control his laughter.

You took his hand, your plaid shirt, bootcut jeans, and cowgirl boots an unfamiliar feeling as you left the house. Judd drove to his favorite honky tonk spot, and surprisingly, you weren't the only person of color there. "Judd, it's been a hot minute since I've seen you!" some of Judd's friends walked up to him, and he wasted no time introducing you. All night long, Judd was walking around, showing you off. It made you feel so loved, that is until he got to a group of guys in the back. "Boys, this is my baby doll, Y/N," Judd smiled, his arm around you. All the men happily shook your hand except one. You knew why, and you felt the nervousness rise in your stomach.

All night, you felt the daggers from him. Judd could sense something was off with you, and he rested his hand on your thigh while you were sitting in a booth next to him. "Are you okay, Pumpkin?" Judd whispered as he leaned close to you, the smell of beer on his breath. You didn't want to worry him; he was having fun in his home town with his old friends, and you'd never seen him so happy. "I'm fine," you gave a small smile, sipping your Jack Daniel's downhome punch. "I'm gonna go use the tinkler," Judd told you, making you burst out laughing. "Tickler?" you questioned through your laughter. He was relieved to see you finally smile while he kissed your head and stood up.

You were sitting in the booth, making small conversation with the people near you were suddenly you heard yelling. Looking around, you knew that sexy southern drawl from miles away. "Judd!" you stood up quickly, quickly moving towards him. You didn't know what they were yelling about, but you assumed it was you based on Judd's very angry, "you better watch how you talk about her!" Part of you knew what was happening. You knew the guy was racist; you felt the vibes from him all night. "You can't bring someone like her in here unless she's getting her food out back!" the guy said with a smug grin, and Judd immediately swung on him.

Everyone in the restaurant/bar simply just watched while you tried to stop it. "Judd, get off of him!" you tried to grab his arm but he was too strong. Eventually, people broke up the fight and when the guy got thrown out, everyone cheered. You and Judd went out the back for him to catch his breath and for you to get some fresh air. "I knew I shouldn't have came-" "No, Y/N, it is not your fault. I brought you here to show you that we are not a bunch of racist hicks and then this bastard-" "Judd, don't worry about it," you told him, seeing him get so worked up. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Let's go enjoy the rest of the night, darlin'," he pulled you close and kissed you with passion.

When you both pulled away, he took your hand and lead you inside. For the rest of the night, all the vibes were immaculate. Judd taught you how to square dance and how to say a proper "YEE HAW!" Once everything died down, you felt Judd wrap his arms around you and pull you close. The live music started playing slowly, and you leaned your head on his chest. You began to rock back and forth slowly, his hands resting on your waist. The smell of his cologne and sweat mixed with the smell of beer was your favorite scent.

"I love you so much, Judd,"

"I love you more, sweetpea."

+ this imagine was very long, but i didn't feel like splitting it in two parts haha hope you all enjoyed! -a.