xxiv. jay halstead.💫

TW/CW: this imagine contains the main character being beaten, which may be disturbing for some readers

TW/CW: this imagine contains the main character being beaten, which may be disturbing for some readers. If this is a triggering topic for you, do not read!

——

You knew you locked the doors. All the windows were locked, too. So when you heard rustling downstairs so loud it woke you from your sleep, you felt every hair stand up on end. There were a few recent home break ins on the news in your neighborhood and although you didn't think you & Jay's shared home would be a target, it didn't stop you from being scared.

Jay reassured you many times, over and over, that things would be fine and nothing would happen. "I'll never let anyone late a finger on you. If they do, they're dead," Jay told you, holding your hands to calm your nerves. He put emphasis on the "dead" part, which didn't make you feel any better. Jay's job already required such violence, and you didn't want him to have to bring it home.

But now, here you stood in your closet, Jay going to investigate the noise downstairs. You listened quietly, trying to hear if anything were to go south. You had your phone in your hand, your thumb over the green call button to dial to 9-1-1 in case anything were to go wrong. You heard the bedroom door open and Jay walk in. "Jay? Thank God, I thought-" when you exited the closet and laid eyes on the person who entered, you quickly found that it wasn't Jay.

As you let out a loud scream, you pressed the green button to call 9-1-1 before the phone fell from your hand. You tried to run back in the closet, but the door didn't lock, so you just tried to hold it closed. The man easily overpowered you, swinging the door open. "JAY!" you screamed for him as the man hit you repeatedly. You screamed bloody murder, certain the man would kill you.

All of your memories flashed before your eyes, and all you could think about was how you would die here. You could hear Jay banging on the door; the intruder must've locked it before he chased you into the closet. You could also hear the operator on the phone00you couldn't make out what she was saying, you could only scream. You knew that, if anything, they would track the call and send the police to you.

"Y/N!" You heard Jay running towards you, and you sighed. Not because of relief, but because the pain temporarily stopped. Jay pulled the man off of you and the two were fighting around the bedroom. The man shoved Jay and he tripped over an ottoman and fell. The man jumped on him and immediately started punching him. "JAY!" you were out of breath, but managed to yell out. Simply put, the man was beating the shit out of him. Although you could barely breathe, you still cried.

You were in and out of consciousness when you heard more footsteps enter the room. "Jay, get off him!" you heard Atwater yell. You weren't sure when Jay got on top of the guy, but you knew you were going to be okay. You passed out..

When you woke up, your body was sore, but you knew you were in the hospital. Jay was sitting at the end of your bed. "J-Jay?" you tried to speak, but your voice was hoarse. You had screamed your throat son painfully raw you tasted blood. His head snapped up, exposing his tears stained, bruised face. "Awh, Y/N," he cried, holding you. "I love you so much," he muttered. You both cried, holding each other. This alerted Jay's team to come in. Seeing them put you at ease because you knew they would make sure whoever was responsible would be punished at the extent of the law.

Because that's the kind of relationship you had with them—you were family..

——
not sure why all my jay imagines have to be so.. gruesome.🥴 maybe it's my halstead kink, idk.😂 but i'm starting to update more with more time on my hands, so hopefully i can start taking requests again!! hopefully.. but please vote!

-a.⚡️