xxxviii. blake gallo.🌿

short

short.

-

You had heard the news. Before he even arrived home, Stella Kidd sent you a very sad text message that your boyfriend, Blake Gallo, was on the 27th floor of a building when he lost a man who committed suicide right in front of him. It happened after his failed attempts to talk him back from the ledge, and it broke Gallo. He was such a sensitive man, one of the reasons you loved him so much, but it also meant that he carried extra baggage with him from work. "Hey Blake, how was work?" you asked him lightly. You didn't want him to know that you had the scope on his work life already with Stella keeping you in the mix. "It was okay," he moped, placing his bag by the door when he locked it. You also wanted to wait to see if he would tell you what was wrong himself. Instead, he stayed fairly quiet. But you could see the gears turning behind his eyes. Something was off, but he wouldn't tell you. He never wanted you to worry. After a few quiet moments, you spoke again. "I heard about what happened today," you mumbled, and he glanced at you. "I figured," he sat down on the couch, his face turning a light pink as he tried to hold in his tears.

You moved across the couch to hug him. "Blake, you are such an amazing firefighter. And when you lose someone in your job, you it is so important that you handle the situation afterwards properly," you started. He stayed quiet, so you continued. "You have such a caring soul. You always put others before yourself, and I admire that about you," "I just feel like I should've done more," he mumbled out, tears in his words. It hurt you to see him this way. "You did everything right, Blake. No one could've handled that situation better. Some people, when they're up on that ledge, their mind is already made up. They go up there with a mission and they don't plan on letting anyone stop them. But that doesn't mean that you did anything wrong," you began to tear up slightly, trying to convince him that he didn't make any mistakes.

"Thank you, Y/N," he breathed out, holding onto you as he let his tears saturate your shirt. You knew he would feel better with time, and that releasing these emotions was important to his healing process. "You're welcome, Blake. I love you."

-

i was inspired by the last episode of chicago fire to post this! i'm starting to fall in love with gallo, help. enjoy!

-a.