Jeremiah Danvers

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Wait, you... you're serious?" Alex's look turned incredulous as she turned back towards Maggie. "You're not joking?" Alex's eyes only seemed to widen as the smaller woman shook her head in response. "And you didn't tell me?"

"I'm sorry, babe," she clutched their hands tighter as she brought them closer to herself. "But it wasn't my secret to tell, and Lena really wants to limit the amount of people that know. Just... just like not everyone should know that Kara is Supergirl."

Alex seemed to take a moment to digest that, before almost petulantly huffing out a breath. "Well... it's not exactly the same," she grumbled. "Kara's an actual Superhero..."

"Hey!" Winn suddenly exclaimed in indignation. "Lena's a hero too! Ouch!" He flinched at Lena's elbow poking him in the ribs.

"Not now, Winn!" she hissed.

Alex gave their exchange a weird look, before suddenly turning to her fiancée again. "Wait, so... why are you telling me this now?" She kept giving the smaller woman a confused look, and Maggie turned back to Lena again, giving her a look that told her this was up to her. Lena sighed deeply, wishing she could be anywhere else right now, before explaining what was going on.

"Someone... is here to see you," she started carefully. She paused as she glanced to the ghost of Jeremiah Danvers, who was still standing there while looking intently at Alex's confused expression. "And he... he said you would want to know. That you would definitely want him to be at your wedding..."

Lena saw the exact moment it clicked in Alex's mind. Her expression went from confused and slightly curious, to falling in complete disbelief a moment later. The horror set in next, as Alex just shook her head at everyone in the room. 

"No..." she jolted up from the couch, backing away as if she could run away from everything. She kept shaking her head at all of them, as they also got up from their seats and Maggie tried to step closer. "No... no, no, no," Alex kept insisting as her face started contorting and her breathing got heavy. "Lillian said... she said she didn't know... she said... she didn't know where he was... YOUR MOTHER SAID THAT!!" She suddenly rushed at Lena, but Maggie caught her, holding her in place and trying to calm her down.

"She lied, honey," Jeremiah suddenly interjected, and Lena dutifully relayed his words to the living people in the room. "She killed me right after I helped you stop her from launching all those aliens into space."

Lena swallowed, because Alex had now started crying. She was still shaking her head, as if denial would make the truth go away, while she weakly pushed at the hands that were around her waist; Maggie now soothing her as much as she was restraining her. And Lena tried her best to keep her eyes averted, as she stared intently at the ghost beside her, while continuing to relay his message.

"I'm so sorry, honey," the man breathed solemnly. "I'm sorry for letting her manipulate me. But I didn't know, Alex. I'd been stuck with Cadmus for so many years... I didn't know you and Kara had grown up to be as strong as you are. I didn't know, that you didn't need my protection anymore." Alex had stopped fighting Maggie's grip, instead leaning into her, as her eyes darted between Lena and the empty space she was looking at. The space where she now knew her father had to be standing. "I know this is my own fault, Alex. I chose to go back to Cadmus, because I thought I needed to protect you. It's my own fault... but at least I get to be here now." The man exhaled, a small smile breaking through his grim mask. "At least I get to see my girl get married. And to be honest... it's more than I could've hoped for."

At that, Alex completely broke down. She buried her face in Maggie's shoulder, shaking like a leaf, as the tears suddenly started to fall freely. Lena swallowed and looked away, not sure anymore that telling her right now had been the best decision. The guilt was slightly suppressed, however, as Winn put an encouraging hand on her shoulder and squeezed slightly. Then Jeremiah momentarily turned his pained expression away from his crying daughter to look at Lena.