Chapter 42

Dr. Hardwick was due to arrive in less than an hour, and I decided I needed a shower.

"You were just in the bathtub," Vincent argued as he watched me undress.

"I was just in the bathtub having a baby, not using soap and shampoo. I feel gross."

"Okay, but at least let me help. You've been losing a lot of blood, which compromises your strength. You could pass out and hit your head."

"For heaven's sake, Vincent. I'm not going to pass out. I'm a gollum."

My argument didn't deter him, and I turned on the tap while Vincent shed his clothes. Granted, I hadn't put much effort into arguing with him, since any opportunity to see him naked was an opportunity I took. His hands were on me as soon as we stepped under the spray, and I grabbed a handful of his tight ass.

"I've missed being inside you," he said, gliding his hand over my cheek.

"It's only been a week."

"It feels longer." He bent down and devoured my mouth, teasing it open with his tongue as the water ran in rivulets between our lips. His hard-on pressed into my pelvis as he thrust his hips in rhythmic cadence with our kiss. I took ahold of him and slid my fingers up his length. Damn, he was already hard as a brick. It may have been a week since we'd been intimate, but how long had it been since I'd had him in my mouth?

"I want to taste you so badly," I said as I licked the water from his throat. "Help me to my knees, will you?"

"Baby..." His hand came around my wrist as I stroked him. He looked wary, but I could see him losing his composure, and his smoky grays didn't leave my face as I lowered in front of him. I felt a warm release between my legs when my knees met the tile, but I ignored my body for a moment, letting the blood flow down the drain as I took Vincent into my mouth.

Our intimate moments were so crucial to my well-being, and the lack of it felt like I'd been deprived of food and water. Vincent nourished me, with the flavor of musk and salt, and the supple yet potent strength of his erection against my tongue. I wanted to suck him until he couldn't see straight.

"Reese... Oh, baby... Reese..." He repeated my name as I took him to the brink, slowly, deliciously, my focus only on his pleasure, while his fingers slid through my hair, nudging my head gently forward. I knew he was a goner when I felt his veins throb against my soft palate, and he cried out as his warmth splashed across my tongue.

With the shower drenching my body, and Vincent's love filling my mouth, my senses were momentarily overwhelmed. I didn't realize my emotions were getting involved until I tried to swallow and nearly choked. I released him and opened my mouth to let the shower's spray fill it, and Vincent crouched down to take me into his arms.

"You are amazing," he said as he helped me back up. "If you hadn't just given birth, I'd be fucking you so hard right now."

"I will definitely take a rain check on that. But, for the time being, I'd love for you to shampoo me."

After our steamy shower, I took my time putting product in my hair and rubbing lotion on my body. I knew those things didn't matter to Vincent, but they mattered to me, and I wanted him to notice even if he didn't realize he was noticing. After securing an industrial strength pad to my lace panties, I dressed in my silk kimono. I may have just become a mother, but that didn't mean I couldn't look like a sex kitten.

When I left the bathroom, Dr. Hardwick stood waiting beside the bed. Not exactly the person I was hoping for. "Oh. Hello, Doctor Hardwick. I suppose you're here to look at my pet spider?"

Large eyes blinked behind thick lenses as she gestured to a square of protective paper that had been laid on the mattress. "Vincent told me a foreign object had found its way to your... Well, let's just take a look, shall we?"