Foreplay

The jute bit into my wrists as I hung partially suspended by an elaborate twist of ropes. The ropes were attached to a hook and pulley system rigged to the rec room ceiling. Ryoute kubi shibari was a Kinbaku bondage technique, something I had never heard of a few months ago, but I had been exposed to a lot of unusual things lately.

I didn't mind the slight pinch on my skin. In fact, I barely noticed it. Pleasure had a firm grip on the reins, and Vincent had a powerful grip on my pelvis as he dished out the pleasure. And since my luck ran like a faulty thermostat, I took every opportunity to indulge in the good stuff when it came my way.

Our affair had been like that from the beginning. A mixture of pleasure and pain. It held us together somehow; Vincent – a sexy-as-sin philanthropist who moonlighted as a gargoyle battling for good; and me – a small-time photographer who only recently realized her hidden talents.

Our exchange in the rec room was mostly silent apart from a feral grunt or moan. This was how Vincent wanted it. Just the sound of skin on skin. With possessive hands on my waist, he never lost focus as his hips slapped against my ass like a man on a mission, reminding me that he was not a man but a beast. Vincent liked it rough, and his need for me rarely stayed sated, which suited me just fine.

As he collided into me, building the momentum with rhythmic thrusts, Vincent extracted my climax with fine-tuned precision, and a galaxy of stars exploded behind my eyelids. While the planets bounced around the universe, he took his turn, filling me with his warmth as he rode me back to earth like a rocket. And when reality came into focus again, I felt his panting breaths at my neck as he kissed and nibbled my skin.

"You're fucking amazing," he whispered at my ear, breaking the reverent silence.

"I think what you mean to say is that was amazing fucking." Of course, what I really wanted to say was Suck on that, Deidra. I can do rope tricks too.

My reply had him chuckling as he carefully withdrew and knelt to free me from the hook. He rubbed my arms gently as he began the process of untying the ropes. "Your wrists are red. Why didn't you tell me you were in pain?"

"I wasn't in pain. I didn't even notice."

"Bullshit. You didn't want to tell me because you were having too much fun."

"Maybe. Is that a problem?"

A shadow darkened his face, bringing more color to his flushed cheeks. "Yes. I don't want you regretting anything that happens here."

"I was the one who suggested we come here in the first place."

"I know. So, I'm going to take this opportunity to remind you of the delicate nature of submission. I rely on you to use safe words if you're feeling uncomfortable. I can't read your mind."

"Are you sure? You always know how to find my sweet spot." I sat back on my heels as my muscles tensed, begging for a deep tissue massage. "Will you forget this one transgression and join me in the shower? I smell like a gollum who's been ridden hard and put away wet."

Vincent met my crude remark with a sexy smirk. "I think you smell like something I'd like to eat."

He grabbed my hands, swiftly pinning my back to the mat, and his tongue was on me in seconds, exploring my mouth. "I would dive between your legs and taste you right now if you asked me to. We've only scratched the surface, baby."

"Are you talking about your kinky fetishes that must stay within the confines of those non-disclosure agreements?"

He held me hostage with his CEO stare. "Does that bother you? You've never asked to see them."

"Relax, Vincent. I don't want to know what you did with those other women. I'd rather find out from personal experience. But first...a shower."