“Hah! Imperial Daughter may not know, but the effect is massive!” The housekeeper had a bitter expression, “Over the years, the Teng family has been living in Ji An Prefecture; however, their influence has expanded all over Yu Zhou. It’s not an exaggeration to say that 60 percent of the shops in Yu Zhou were opened by them. Not to mention buying low and selling high, but they are very unfair to the citizens. There are times when people will try to buy one jin of meat, but they will cut out two jin of meat. It was no good if they did not buy the extra jin of meat, and those without money would be beaten. The citizens have suffered quite a bit of hardship.” While speaking, he pointed the way to Feng Yu Heng and continued: “Our Lord Qian has managed it, but he was given a slap by the Teng family. His face was swollen for seven days, and reporting it to the Yun Province was fruitless.”

“Saying it like this, the Teng family is so domineering that they’ve almost aroused everyone’s anger?”

“But of course!” The residence was not large, and they reached the path to enter their courtyard within a few steps. The housekeeper could not continue further inside and stopped in place, telling Feng Yu Heng: “There are strong servants inside. If Imperial Daughter has any requests, just speak. This old servant will be in the outer yard.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded and led everyone into the courtyard.

Because there were many people, and because this was just a temporary living place, there were not many rules. She arranged for Wang Lin and the others to live in the first two divisions, and it was practically two or three people per room. In the third division, it was left to her, Xiang Rong, Wang Chuan, Huang Quan, Shan Cha and four female doctors from Hundred Herb Hall. She and Xiang Rong slept in the same room, and the other arrangements would be handled by Wang Chuan. Two people per room would still be manageable.

There were strong servants in the courtyard, and they had already prepared the bathtub and hot water. They were waiting for Feng Yu Heng’s group to return to take care of their bath. After they finished making sure that things were proper, food was also brought over. It was only this evening that the people finally managed to eat their fill and feel relieved. The people in the front yard were resting, and inside the third division, Xiang Rong could no longer endure and went to sleep first. This left Feng Yu Heng, Wang Chuan and Huang Quan as the only ones that were rather awake. The three sat outside and drank tea. At the same time, they spoke about Ji An Prefecture’s Teng family.

“How about this servant goes out at night to investigate a bit?” Wang Chuan suggested, “This servant and Ban Zou will go out, and Young Miss can get some rest. We can make plans tomorrow.”

But how could Feng Yu Heng possibly rest? She had a bit more energy than others, and she had gotten some sleep in the carriage. Adding on the fact that she had something on her mind, it would be strange if she could fall asleep. She immediately made a decision: “Let’s go together. Just treat it as a nighttime trip to Ji An Prefecture.” After saying this, she looked at Huang Quan and saw her grief-filled eyes and very magnanimously said: “Huang Quan, you can come too! Let’s set out around midnight. Let’s rest for a bit first.”

Investigating Ji An Prefecture at night really was a nighttime investigation. Just before midnight, Feng Yu Heng got out of bed through Xiang Rong’s resentment. Xiang Rong rubbed her eyes and helplessly said: “If I knew some martial arts, I would definitely go with second sister.” After saying this, she fell back in bed and went back to sleep.

Feng Yu Heng smiled bitterly. In the end, she was still a child. A 13-year-old child needed sleep. No matter how early she matured, she could not cross this boundary of the age.