Chapter 23

I stared at Nash. "hey gorgeous"? what was wrong with him?

I took Carden's hand. She was blushing.

"Here, I'll show you two to your rooms," Cameron said, awkwardly, breaking the silence.

When he settled Carden in his room, he came up to me "Sorry, about that."

"It's cool."

"No it's not. I'll talk to Nash."

"Thanks, man." Cameron showed me to my room. I just set my stuff down and wandered to Carden's.

I came up from behind her and covered her eyes.

"Guess who."

"Hmm... Micky Mouse?" Carden said hopefully.

"Close."

I spun her around and kissed her neck then lips.

We pulled back. I smiled.

----

After we were done packing, we went downstairs for dinner. There wasn't really a dinner though, so I looked through their cupboards and brought out a bag of chips. Cameron and Nash were no where to be seen.

I called Cameron.

"Hey man," he answered.

"Where are you and Nash?" I asked.

"I took Nash for a drive for... you know."

"Oh. Yeah. When will you be back?"

"Late. He's picking a fight. You guys want food?"

"Nah. Thanks, man. See ya." I hung up.

"There out for a drive," I told Carden. "We have the place to ourselves until at least ten or eleven." It was seven o'clock.

Carden winked at me and I blushed. She took my hand and led me to her room. She took the bag of chips out of my hand and dropped it on the floor.

The kiss started slow and sweet. My hands went to Carden's legs and I lifted her up. I brought her to a desk and set her down. My hands moved to her waist. The kiss got deeper and more heated. Soon enough we were making out.

Carden jumped off the desk and we continued. Her hands went under my shirt, and she started to lift it up, signaling she wanted it off. I took it off.

Carden pushed me to the bed in the middle of the room. She was now on top of me.

I pulled away. "Stop."

"What? " Carden asked. She got off of me.

"Sorry, it's just. I'm not used to this."

"Oh. Sorry. Neither am I." she looked down.

She didn't act new. She was wild. But there's something about that, after she pulls away, or you pull away, you want more. I liked it.

I must've had a scowl on my face, from my thoughts, because Carden looked at me.

"Sorry. Sorry." She said again. Tears were forming in her eyes.

"No, no. I swear it's okay," I said. I put her face in my hands. I kissed her forehead.

Soon we were lying in her bed, watching movies on my laptop, and eating chips. I was still shirtless. Carden was facing me and tracing my chest. Her fingers were so curious.

I shut the laptop and out the bag of chips on the floor. It was 9:30. I turned towards Carden.

"We're fifteen." I mentioned.

"It just dawned on me."

"It's okay, though. We like each other. We can be together."

I heard someone open the front door. It must be Cameron and Nash. I shut the lights off.

I put a finger to my lips. We lied in her bed, but we didn't try to fall asleep.

Carden put her head on my shoulder. We fell asleep.