Chapter 17

*AARONS POV*

The funeral was awful. A bunch of people attended who didn't even care.

My moms body was burned and her ashes were in a box because her body was destroyed and damaged in the crash. So I couldn't see her one last time.

I shed a few tears and gripped Carden's hand.

When her coffin thing was being lowered to the ground I ran away from it all. It was all wrong.

Carden came after me.

"Aaron! Wait!"

She caught up with me.

Tears were falling down my eyes and I kept running.

Carden stopped. "Aaron what are you doing? This is not a game. I'm not going to chase after you."

I turned around and looked at her. "You know how much I want this to be a game? My mom's death could all be a lie!"

"And we'd be nothing. Me and you? A lie. Maybe it was all along. You didn't even tell me you were famous!" She stood firmly.

"Well I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure you don't tell me everything either! And with you, things are a lot worse."

"That's not the type of thing you tell people, Aaron! I'm trying to make you happy!" Carden's eyes clouded.

"Well you should stop trying. I don't need your charity."

"Oh really? Explain why you care!"

But yelled in frustration. "I don't know, Carden! it's just something you do when you're in love! You care! Sorry if that's wrong."

Carden started walking, but not to me. Passed me.

I started to walk home. To my real home. The one I have lived in since id was young.

When I got there I kicked a wall. My foot throbbed. I sat down on my old bed and whipped out my phone.

I tweeted:

Aaron Carpenter @AaronCarpenter

What do you do when you just lost the only person you had left?

(A/N Not a real tweet)

Tears were running down my cheeks. I realized I told Carden I loved her. What was she thinking about that? Probably that she hated me.

---------------------------------------------

SORRY THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO SAY