Chapter 2

*3 Months Later*

You were just walking aimlessly through the woods, your backpack on your back and sniper rifle slung over your shoulder beside your bag. You had your Bowie knife in your hand and your handgun strapped to your belt as you trekked through the woods.

You were trying to find a group of men who had robbed you a few weeks ago. There wasn't many people who could sneak up on you while you were sleeping, but some how these assholes did. They didn't take much because you must have woken up before they could scavenge your camp, but they took most of your food and stole the silencer for your sniper rifle that wasn't connected to your gun. If they had just stolen food you probably would have let them go, it was a survival game now and everyone needed food, but they took your silencer and you weren't going to let that go.

"Daryl!" A young girl's voice screamed causing you to freeze in your tracks as your grip tightened around your knife. You quickly looked around the dense woods, but you couldn't see anyone. You didn't even think anyone else was around these parts of the woods, but looks like you were wrong.

"Help!" The same voice yelled and you quickly snapped into action and took off running in the direction of where it came from.

You jumped and weaved between trees and logs, your knife in your hand when you spotted a young blonde girl trying to fight off six walkers. She had her hair tied up in a messy pony tail, sporting a dark tank top, jeans and cowgirl boots, but now was not the time to suss the girl out because she was in the middle of fighting a losing battle.

"Duck!" You yelled and to your relief the girl didn't hesitate and instantly dropped to the ground as you threw your Bowie knife at the walker behind her, spearing the blade through it's forehead. You pulled your pocket knife out from your jacket pocket and quickly slammed the small knife into the next walker that was stumbling towards you. Two down, four to go.

You quickly turned back towards the girl who had pulled your knife out the walker behind her and was about to take down the walker to her left. Suddenly, an arrow flew through the air past her and hit the walkers skull, but the girl didn't seemed panicked by the arrow, so you figured whoever fired it was a friendly.

You turned your attention back towards the four walkers in front of you as you kicked the closest one to the ground and stabbed the other before you slammed your boot down against the head of the walker on the ground. You turned back towards the last walker, but before you had a chance to take a step towards it, another arrow whizzed past your face and the walker dropped to the ground dead.

"Thank you." The same voice suddenly said a few seconds later, bringing your attention away from the walkers on the ground as you turned around to find the young girl walking towards you with a grateful smile.

She held your knife out towards you and you noticed a bunch of bracelets covering her left wrist, but you didn't miss the thick scar underneath it as you took the knife with a nod. You didn't say anything as you glanced to your left spotting the man you assumed must be Daryl and you're eyes widened recognising that leather vest and crossbow anywhere. How do you keep finding this guy?

The man didn't say anything as he just stared at you like he had seen a ghost. You held his gaze, not really knowing how to respond, but you had a feeling he had figured out who you were and that was either a good thing or a really bad thing. People either hated or loved the Shadow Assassin, so this was gonna be interesting.

"Wait, you're that sniper that saved Daryl and Maggie and then saved Daryl and Glenn a few months ago aren't you?" The girl asked and you weren't sure who Maggie or Glenn were, but you were pretty sure you knew who she was talking about and you nodded.