Chapter 6

You let Daryl take the lead in tracking through the woods to find the bag of guns since the man was clearly a hunter and knew how to track better than you. If you could put money on it, you'd be willing to bet that the guy was a hunter before all this by his skills and how damn accurate he was with the crossbow when he had it, but now Gareth's men probably have it.

It didn't take long for Daryl to locate the bag as Rick began to dig it up, explaining that you guys were going to go back to the fences and kill them all and you were 100 percent down for that plan, those assholes don't get to live. But of course, Abraham spoke up against the idea and then the others did too, saying that it was over and that they'd all probably die in there anyway.

You backed Rick up trying to convince the group what needed to be done, but it was clear you and the deputy were fighting a losing battle, so he eventually gave up. 

Then some woman with short grey hair came out of nowhere, a few guns and Daryl's crossbow slung over her back. When she first appeared you reached for your handgun, but when Daryl sprinted over to her and hugged her, you lowered your hand.

Later you found out that she was part of their group and she was the cause of those explosions and the walkers. You had to give the woman credit for that, because at first glance she seemed harmless, but she was definitely a badass and possibly saved all your lives earlier.

She apparently had something to show the group, so without another word about Ricks failed plan of going back to Terminus and finishing it, you all followed Carol back through the woods. 

You walked alongside Daryl, although neither of you spoke and you weren't really sure what to make of the silence between the two of you, but you didn't offer up any conversation with the guy either, so you continued to walk in silence.

You listened while Rick explained what happened back at the prison and how someone named the Governor attacked, which now fills in the blanks that you had about how their group ended up on the road. Rick then explained how Abraham, Rosita, Eugene and Tara came into the group and how they weren't part of their original group which was good because maybe Daryl and Rick wouldn't mind too much if you ended up punching that Abraham guy if he stepped out of line again.

The group of you ended walking for nearly an hour before you came across some old cabin and you watched cautiously as a dark skinned man walked out, holding a baby in his arms and you frowned in confusion. 

Without warning Rick and Carl suddenly sprinted towards them as Rick took the baby from the man and cuddled her to his chest as Carl hugged them both and suddenly it clicked. That was Rick's baby. That was the baby that had just been born when you first came across Daryl all those months ago when he was with that other woman – who you now knew was Maggie, also Glenn's wife- looking for baby formula and stuff.

You smiled slightly watching the small family reunion as the woman who you thought was Sasha rushed over to the new man and hugged him and you quickly put two and two together and figured they were probably siblings or something,

Nobody really spoke for a few minutes as you let them have a moment to themselves before Rick announced that you all should get moving because every walker for miles would be heading towards Terminus that you knew was still on fire from the thick black smoke still rising in the distance. For once nobody argued, but you didn't miss Abraham and Rosita talking quietly to themselves at the back of the group, but you didn't have the energy to look too deeply into it. So, you just followed the group through the woods.

The group of you walked for another hour or so, trying to put as much distance as possible from the burning hell hole, but as the sun began to get lower in the sky you knew the group needed to find some place to spend the night. It was too dangerous to be trekking through the woods in the middle of the night and you could really use with some rest.