Author's Note

Hello! Thanks for clicking on What Heroes Don't Think About! This is an open fanfiction set in my interpretation of the Forgotten Realms setting of Dungeons and Dragons. It features primarily original characters and isn't overly lore-heavy. I am striving to create something that works both as a fanfiction and also as a standalone fantasy YA.

Though this story has been tightly outlined, this is a first draft. My aim to release a new chapter about twice a month, but I make no promises.

Characters: If you've read my short story collection, Tidbits, some of these names may seem familiar. Didi and Dominic, the protagonists of this series, originated as side characters in an original fiction project. That project is probably not ever going to see the light of day (co-authors lost interest), but I was attached to the characters, so I recycled them as D&D characters.

Warnings: This story is fairly lighthearted and doesn't contain any mature content. If it were an American movie, I'd say it would earn a rating of barely-PG-13. However, feel free to message me if you have any concerns about content (for example, specific triggers you want to avoid) and I'll let you know if it's safe to read or not.

Just for fun: The chapter titles all come from poems by a certain author. The first person to correctly identify that author wins a prize (either an in-depth review, a shout out, or a cameo in the story of yourself or your OC.) If you Google it, it doesn't count. I mean, I have no way of enforcing that, but cheating is lame so don't do it.

I'm going to try to implement a question-of-the-chapter game for this story. Questions may be relevant to the story, or they may be just for fun.

I hope you enjoy!