18.

Kristoni Barnes
November 24th, 10PM

I unlocked the front door before pushing it open for Dave as he brought in a sleeping Charli in his arms. After she got her chocolate cake that Dave promised her she would get, she played for a little more with the rest of the kids before going into my aunt's room to knock out for the night.

After Dave took her into her room, I undressed her from her outfit from the night before tucking her in.

"Goodnight sweets." I kissed her forehead and put her night light on for her before walking out of her room.

I sighed before walking into my room, locking eyes with Dave who made himself comfortable on my bed.

"Boy if you don't get off of my bed with your outside clothes on," I said as I rolled my eyes at him. That was one of my biggest pet peeves.

He chuckled while sucking his teeth at me. "I'm already sitting here now," he said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"You get on my nerves," I giggled as I mushed his head. I walked into my bathroom and did my nightly routine wiping my face free of my makeup from the night and then getting into the shower right after.

After my much needed shower, I slathered my body in shea buter before throwing on some undies and a cami. I walked out of the bathroom to find Dave in the same spot, except he was mouth harassing a bag of cool ranch Doritos.

"You just ate 2 hours ago," I said trying to snatch the bag away from him.

"I'm a growing man ma. I gotta eat like every 2 hours," he said as he held the bag out of my reach.

"That's the first time I heard that one," I mumbled. "You just like to eat all of my snacks. Charli's going to fight you once she realizes you ate her favorite chips," I said before hopping into the bed and snuggling into my pillows.

While he wasn't looking, I stole a couple of chips out of the bag.

"Look at you. Same person that told me I was gonna get my ass beat by a 4 year old."

"Tuh. I wish she would try it with me, I bought these damn chips anyway," I scoffed.

"Heard ju mama," he chuckled in his raspy voice.

"But honestly Dave, we do need to talk," I said referring to what happened tonight with Charli.

"Talk about what?" He said giving me his undivided attention.

"Talk about what Charli said tonight at my aunt's house," I said looking at him waiting for a response. He still looked lost and unaware of what I was even talking about. "The fact that she called you her father," I continued on until he understood what I was talking about.

"Word. What about it?"

I was clearly confused. "What do you mean what about it? You're not her father and she called you her daddy today. That doesn't bother you?"

"No, why would I be? Princess clearly knows wassup, just cause she's young don't mean nothin'. I'm more of a father to her than what that shitty ass nigga is doin' for her right now. You shittin' me Kris?"