✼ T W E N T Y F O U R

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR A Christmas Carol

    "IN THE BLEAK midwinter, frosty wind made moan

    "IN THE BLEAK midwinter, frosty wind made moan. Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone. Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow. In the bleak midwinter long ago."

    The Doctor and Quinn approach the young Kazran as he stares, transfixed, at Abigail. The young girl is now out of her cryo chamber, singing to the shark. Luckily, the singing has made the shark fall asleep again, giving them no threat.

    "It's not really the singing, of course." Says the Doctor as he and Quinn come to stand on either side of Kazran, the Israelis woman placing a hand on the boy' shoulder.

    "Yes, it is." Kazran says to the Time Lord, maybe a little harsher then he would have meant.

    "Nah."

    "The fish love the singing. It's true."

    "Nah. The notes resonate in the ice crystals, causing a delta wave pattern in the fog. Ow," he stops himself as he slams a hand at his neck. "A fish bit me."

    "Yes, and if you do not shut up, I'll bite you next."

    The Doctor raised his eyebrows, turning his head to look at Quinn with an surprised expression. Seeing the look he was giving her, she scowled at him. "Oh, you know what I meant."

    "Heaven and earth shall flee away"

    "Of course. That's how the machine controls the cloud belt," the Doctor continues. " The clouds are ice crystals. If you vibrate the crystals at exactly the right frequency, you could align them into- ow!" He once again clamped a hand over his neck.
"Why do they keep biting me?"

    Quinn rolled her eyes to the heavens before sighing deeply and placing a hand over his mouth. "Just shut up," she whispered to him before gesturing over to Kazran with her head. "Look how much he's enjoying this."

    They turned their heads to look down at Kazran with smiles on their lips -which you could see now that Quinn had taken her had off of the Doctor's mouth.

    "Look, the fish like the singing, okay?" Kazran told the Doctor rather harshly before he focused back on Abigail.

    "Okay."

    "In the bleak midwinter, falling down before, the ox and ass and camel which adore."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

        "It's bigger on the inside." Exclaimed Kazran as he and Abigail looked inside the TARDIS, their eyes filled with wonder as they looked around the box.

     "Yeah, it's the colour," Says the Doctor absently as he makes sure the shark is asleep inside Abigail's cryo chamber. "Really knocks the walls back."