✼ E L E V E N

CHAPTER ELEVEN The Hungry Earth/ Cold Blood

        STILL LAUGHING ABOUT something Rory had said, Quinn exits the TARDIS into what she believed would be a beach, only to walk out into a graveyard

STILL LAUGHING ABOUT something Rory had said, Quinn exits the TARDIS into what she believed would be a beach, only to walk out into a graveyard. "Oh, that's nice."

The Doctor, who had not yet realized his mistake, opened his arms. "Behold, Rio."

"Nah." Amy said with a shake of her head, to which Quinn laughed, linking her arm with the ginger.

"Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe." Comments Rory as he stepped out the Time machine. Quinn nodded her head. "That's one way to put it."

"No? Ooo, feel that, though. What's that," The Doctor says as he starts to jump up and down, making Quinn furrow her eyebrows and exchange a look with Amy. "Ground feels strange. Q, what about you? Do you feel it?"

"I am not going to jump up and down if that's what you're asking me to do." She says with a look, her head tilted sideways. The Time Lord turns back to her, a small smirk on his lips. "What, scared you'll feel something strange?"

She knew he was challenging her, but she did not care. With a huff, she unlinked her arm with Amy and started to jump up and down, assuming she wouldn't feel anything but the ground. That was not what she felt. "Oh," she breathed, making the Doctor smile. "Oh, that is strange."

"Not just me, then," Smiled the Time Lord.

Looking from Quinn to the Doctor, Rory asked. "What's weird?"

The ginger sighed and said, "Doctor, stop trying to distract us and drag Quinn into this," she told him sharply. "We're in the wrong place. Doctor, it's freezing and I've dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here. Doctor. You listening to me? It's a graveyard. You promised me a beach."

The Doctor was not paying attention as he crouched to the ground and pulled a bit of grass from the ground, holding it up for Quinn to see. "Blue grass." She noticed, her eyebrows raised. Yes, she was interested.

"Patches of it all around the graveyard," nodded the Doctor, standing up again. "So, Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future, wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot."

Amy, who had been gazing out and saw two people waving at them from the other side of the valley, asked, "Why are those people waving at us?"

The Doctor narrowed his eyes. "Can't be." He breathed as Rory start to wave back and Quinn squints her eyes to see the figures better. "Is that-?"