✼ FOURTY FOUR

CHAPTER FOURTY-FOURLet's Kill Hitler

          THE BURNT ORANGE night sky casted an amber tint on the nearby buildings outside the city, the stunning red grass of the plains surrounding all her senses while the bright, silver leaved trees twinkle close by

THE BURNT ORANGE night sky casted an amber tint on the nearby buildings outside the city, the stunning red grass of the plains surrounding all her senses while the bright, silver leaved trees twinkle close by. The sound of two children giggling as they ran barefoot through the red grass echoed through Quinn's ears. Her tawny brown eyes watched as two familiar kids ran about in the usual Gallifreyan attire. Very early versions of the Doctor and herself played games as they laughed and giggled, carefree. Not knowing of the hardship that was to come.

"Time to wake up, darling."

Quinn groaned, she shook her head and turned around in bed, burying her head deeper into her pillow. "Just a few more minutes."

The Doctor chuckled and kissed her clothed shoulder before he stood up from the bed and disappeared into the bathroom. Another groan escaped Quinn and she turned back around just in time to see the bathroom door close.

She let out a satisfied sigh and sat upright, her back resting lazily against the headboard. Her tawny brown eyes moved up to look at the ceiling, which was littered in dozens of moving stars. "Well then, Beautiful, what do you have in store for us today?"

The TARDIS brightened the lights of the wall for a moment before a newspaper appeared on Quinn's bedside table. The Time Lady hummed a thank you as she reached over and read the title.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," she breathed, her eyes scanning the photo on the front page. "Doc!"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The TARDIS materialized in the middle of a corn field on a bright day in Leadworth. A yellow Morris Mini stops right in front of the Doctor and Quinn, who are standing side by side with the blue box behind them. Amy and Rory exit their car and gaze at the Time Lords. The Doctor holds up the newspaper Idris had gifted Quinn that morning. The headline read: Leadworth Crop Cricle and had a picture of the very crop circle they were standing in.

"Seriously?"