Part 2: Sakamoto

The sun scorched my skin as I waited on the school rooftop, just like the note told me to. I looked at it again, rereading the sloppy handwriting.

'Meet me outside on the rooftop. I have to tell you something."

I sighed and leaned against the wall. Looking at my watch, I began to tap my foot impatiently. If he/she didn't get here soon, I was going to be late, and I can't afford that. 

Suddenly, the doors burst open, making me yelp and jump in place. A boy with ash brown hair tumbled from the door, barely catching himself from crashing to the ground. I couldn't help but giggle at his clumsy entrance, despite him making me cut it a little too close to getting a scolding from my boss. He whipped around, his cheeks turning a dark shade of pink. He cleared his throat, jerking his body to stand up straight.

"U-Um...." He started, only to sigh and slouch in disappointment. "That really wasn't what I envisioned my entrance." 

I giggled again, making him look up.

"Probably not," I smiled. "But it was pretty cute." 

His cheeks darkened and he cleared his throat again, pressing his fist to his mouth.

"W-Well anyway," He mumbled and stepped towards me, looking into my eyes with dark brown irises. "W-Will you be my girlfriend!?" He spewed, bowing deeply.

I blinked, startled by the confession. So straightforward! Biting my lip, I stepped towards him, taking his shoulders in my hands, pushing him to straighten. He looked at me, hope and worry in his eyes. My heart jerked. 

This was a lot harder than Yui~chan made it sound.

"I'm really sorry....." My sentence died, knowing that I didn't know his name.

His smile fell, his head hanging. 

"Fumihiko Takiji." He said glumly.

I bit my lip again, taking his hands in my own.

"Fumihiko~kun, I'm really sorry, but I can't accept your feelings. T-There's someone else I like." 

My cheeks turned red when my brain immediately went to him. His eyes went wide and his teeth grit. He suddenly slammed me against the wall, snagging my wrists and pressing them heavily beside my head. My eyes went wide. He was so sweet a second ago!

"No!" He yelled angrily. "I-I'm not letting you be with someone else! I-I...I love you!"

My eyes widened and I began to struggle.

"I said no! I-I'm sorry, but I don't return your feelings! Y-You, don't even know my name!" I said.

"Sure I do! You're Nagatsuka Nyoko! You live in the quiet part of town in a small two-story house with three little kids, two boys, and a girl! You work at a small karaoke restaurant nearby from after school to sunset!"

My eyes bulged and my skin paled. Was he a stalker?!

"Have you been stalking me?!"

He chuckled a low dark sound. My body trembled as his eyes turned hard.

"Stalking is such a horrible term, I like to call it....." His face made its way to my neck. "Getting to know you."

I jerked against his hold, struggling to breathe in my panic.

"Stop it!" I cried when he kissed my neck. "Let me go!"

"Not until I hear you say you love me back! I won't let you go! Even if I have to take your first everything, I'll make you love me!"

My eyes bulged wider and tears began to fill my eyes as he continued to kiss my neck, leading up to my cheek. I jerked my head away, tears spilling onto my skin.

"Stop! Leave me alone!!" I started yelling, kicking and thrashing as he grew closer to my lips. "Get off of me! Help me! Somebody Help Me!!"

Suddenly, the doors burst open and Takiji was thrown from my bubble, crashing to the ground. A taller body shielded me, blocking me from my attacker.

"Oi! She said to leave her alone! Get lost!"

I silently cried, curling into the wall. I heard Takiji snarl, scrambling to his feet. I peeked past my savior, pressing myself against his back and gripping the fabric of his uniform shirt.

"This isn't your business! Beat it!" Takiji snarled, sweeping his arm through the air.

"You sick creep. Either you get or I make it my business." My savior growled, cracking his knuckles.

Takiji ground his teeth and snapped his hardened gaze towards me, making me flinch and bury myself in my protector's back.

"Don't even think about leaving me Nyoko~chan, I'll find you!" He barked, storming towards the doors and ripping them open, disappearing behind them.

We stood there in silence before he turned and knelt in front of me. My eyes went wide.

It was that boy I made eye contact within the hall. His yellow dyed hair was short and curly, his face narrow.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

I nodded quietly. He sighed and placed his hand on my head, tilting it up to look at him through my tears.

"What happened?" He asked.

"H-He expressed his f-feelings towards me and I turned him down. H-He s-suddenly got all angry and dark and confessed to...." I swallowed. "B-Being my s-stalker."

He growled, muttering something along the lines of 'Boss'll have to hear about this' before taking my hand and tugging me past the doors. He guided me through the halls, only stopping to turn towards me.

"I'll walk you home, we can't have that creep kidnapping you when you're all alone."

My eyes widened and I shook my head.

"Y-You don't have to do that! I-I'll be fine! Besides, I have work, I can't--"

He cut me off.

"Call your boss and tell him you need to have the day off, you'll make it up tomorrow, we aren't risking it."

I went to refuse again, only to be cut off by a shout.

"Sakamoto~kun!"

I turned around to find the platinum blonde girl, along with a black, smooth-haired boy. I blushed as I set eyes on the one curly, black-haired boy that featured in all my drawings.

Akira Kurusu.