6

"Hey" she called out as she approached, running a hand through her knotted hair."I came with Amanda today and...well..." she drifted off, not sure how to go about asking.

Thankfully he was able to connect A to B.

"Can I help? Do you need a ride home?" He whispered softly. A wave of relief washed over her at his offer "yes please"

She was rewarded with a smile that took her breath away. How was it possible this man was in the trenches teaching? He should be a fucking model.
___________________________________

The look of relief that crossed his face made his stomach flip and he momentarily scolded himself for becoming distracted.

He placed his hand on her lower back to guide her to his car. The blush that crept over her face made him smirk.

He'd make her do more than blush. He was sure of that.

Opening the door to his truck he steadied her as she climbed in. Catching a whiff of her perfume as she passed.

Once her door was closed he jogged around the back tossing his own bag into the bed of the truck before climbing in on his side.

"Do you like music" he grinned as he cranked up the radio as a rock song blared through the speakers. His truck might be old. But he'd just replaced the radio a few months back.

"This is great" she smiled to herself.

She looked at the window as the houses started to speed past.

The song changed as they pulled out of town. Following the long ride to her gated community. To safety.

The rain had finally started and she found herself squinting just to see where they were.

A crack of lighting illuminated the sky and that's when she realized he'd gone to far.

"You missed the turn in" she smirked.

He didn't respond. Didn't even look at her. He just cranked the radio up even more.

"Where are we going? My house is back that way" she felt a bubble of panic forming in her stomach.

"Mr. Calloway my house is the other way" he made no move to respond. Just gripped the wheel tighter.

She fumbled along the door when she realized the lock was gone. Someone had pulled it out. The only way to unlock the door was by using the drivers side button.

"Please...I w..won't tell anyone anything" tears had started steadily streaming down her face.

This happened in movies. Not here. Not in her town. Definitely not to her.

She was safe. She didn't party. She never broke curfew. She always followed the rules. She. Was. Safe.

She had to get out of the truck. She needed to crash the truck. To distract him. To do anything. This had to be a mistake.

She moved to grab the wheel.

The last thing she saw before her world went black was a fist.