Them

There was a steady rhythm to the coffee shop.

The hum of the crowd, the hiss of machines as lattes were made.

He glanced around the shop from his table in the corner. A younger crowd was bustling around the cashier in an attempt to get caffeine.

He smirked taking another sip.

Strong. Black. Hot. He didn't bother wasting his time with cream or sugar. He always ordered the strongest hottest beverage he could get.

He needed it.

The bell chimed and he watched a tall brunette dance in. 'Bradshaw' he thought to himself. She'd been annoying the shit out of him since she was a freshman.

His gaze darkened as a squat little man walked in and he caught a flash of blonde hair behind him.

His mouth was instantly dry.
___________________________________

"Why don't you grab a table? We have some time" Amanda sang at her friend as she headed towards the bathroom. Amanda had a ritual about washing her hands before having her coffee. She wasn't sure where it started, but it was a quality she had grown to love about her.

Her gaze lingered on Derek as he walked towards the line. With a twinge of guilt she turned, eyeing the crowed for an empty table.

Her eyes landed on two seats at the window bar in the back corner of the shop.

Knowing Derek would deliver their drinks and head back to the car, she made her way towards the back, hoping to grab the stools before someone else did.

___________________________________

He studied her. The look of confusion on her face as she chewed on her lower lip.

Her eyes brightening at a spot just behind him.

He chanced a look over and smirked. Two seats.

All within Arms reach.

Derek Rios