Chapter Eighteen

Two days was all I needed to feel completely welcomed by Happy's mom and aunt. Both were very nice and welcoming. Never questioning fully what had happened to me. It was also a whole new realm of reality to see Happy walk around and have a small constant smile on his face. He also took on a softer demenor when it came to his mother. It wasn't hard to see that she was a huge chunk of Happy's world. I found myself with Happy's mom in the back with lemonade and sitting in lounge chairs. As she told me stories of a little Happy and all the things he would get into. Happy was off to the side near the garage working on her car. I gave him credit he didn't seem to care his mother was telling me embaressing stories. Not that he would say anything to her anyways. It took everything I had to not spit out my drink after on paticular story. That both us women dying in laughter. Happy looked up from his spot his face holding a small smile as his eyes connected to mine. His mother caught the small transaction and her own smile of adoration spread onto her face. "Bristol sweet heart promise me you'll look after my boy." Startled by her soft whisper and question I fully faced her. "I know his work is dangerous. He tries to hide it but a mother knows. He needs someone other then the boys on his side." I looked over to Happy quickly before facing her again. "I'll always have his back don't worry Grace." She accpeted what I said with a pat to the knee and sat back into her chair. I could see her getting tired. Her sickness taking most of her energy most days. I set my lemonade down beside me and struggled to stand up. I still wasn't fully healed but I didn't want to leave grace here to lay out in the sun. My movements caught Happy's attention and he was by my side in seconds. His hand grasping my arm. "What do you need?" I smiled softly and gestured to his mom. "She fell asleep I was going to get her to go inside." He nodded letting me go. He moved to his mom and without thought lifted her up and began carrying her inside. I scrambled after the two. We entered her room which was filled with pictures. Mostly of Happy and a few of a him and her. It made me smile even more as I pulled the blankets back so he could slide her in. I covered her and followed him back outside. Where I moved my chair next to car. I was hoping we could talk some but wasn't holding my breath. "Thanks for helping with my mom." I looked over and smiled I watched as his eyes darkened a moment befor he turned back to his task. I took a drink from my cup befor holding it out to him. With out a thought he grabbed it and downed it. I narrowed my eyes at him as I took the glass back. "I was offering you a drink hap not the whole damn glass." All he did was shrug and turn back to the car. I set the glass down on the ground next to me. I wasn't about to get up again to get more. I curled up into the seat and watched as happy worked. The silence was nice and refreshing. With Happy I noticed it was almost always like that now and days. The arguments we both started and all the disagreements we had stopped. We were just here. I was really liking that fact though. It didn't feel like I was forcing something that shouldn't be. My eyes slipped closed just as the sun was blocked from me. I opened one eye and looked up into happy's face that held concern. A look I wasn't used to seeing on his face. He pushed some hair from my face. Making my insides clinch. God the rough feel of his hands on me felt heavenly. "You tired." I shook my head and smiled. "Just laying here Hap enjoying the sun." He nodded and placed a kiss on my forhead. When he pulled back he stayed close enough to were I could feel his breath on my face. I licked my lips with nervousness and watched as his eyes followed the movement. His hand wrapped around the back of my neck. His firm grip only sending a pool of heat to settle between my legs. His lips all but crashed into mine. Eliciting a small moan from me. His hand found its way into my hair where he bunched some into it. Holding me in place so I wouldn't move. Not that I would have done so anyway. I was enjoying this all to much. I could smell the oil mixing in with his sent of colonge, leather, and ciggerate smoke. Making my head light from it. It wasn't until I could taste the metallic iron of blood that I pulled back. My split lip had resplit a little. Causing my blood to be smeared on his lips. His own eyes narrowed in on mine. He reached out and used his thumb to wipe the blood off. His look still dark with disire, but now they held anger. I chuckled as I wiped his mouth "Friends don't kiss like that Hap." His mouth formed into a smug grin befor he spoke. His raspy voice taking over the still small space between us. "Who says they don't babe." I rolled my eyes as I disintangled myself from him. Needing the space between us. Even if my body screamed no at me. He dropped his hand and scooted back just an inch befor he rested his elbows on his knees. His hands still covered in greese between his legs. He looked down to the ground. His jaw ticking from clinching and unclinching it. He finally shook his head leaned over and kissed me quickly on the lips. Befor he stood and went back to the car. I watched him a moment still unsure what the hell he wanted exactly. The thought still ringing in my head that I couldn't just be friends with Happy. I was being proven that now. I wasn't sure what I wanted still. Sure my body wanted him hell any sane women would want a fun time between the sheets with him, but did I want him. His whole being in my life which was still messed up. I didn't want to drag him trough the mud and muck. No deserved that no matter the strong feelings. So caught up in my thoughts and with exhaustion I was leaning back and falling asleep.