"She told me last night."

A smirk tilted her pouty lips. "Last night?"

I rolled my eyes. "It's none of your business."

She raised her hands in mock surrender before she forced back a neutral expression and folded her arms. "So you believed her just like that?"

"No, but I did some research, and I'm pretty sure she spoke the truth."

Curiosity filled her brown eyes. "What research?"

"I myself couldn't simply go to the internet and find out in detail about Jonathan Ryans' imprisonment, so I asked someone to do it for me. You won't believe what he found."

"What did he find?"

I gestured for her to come around my desk so she could look on the monitor.

When she did, her gasp of surprise bounced around the spacious office.

On the screen was decrypted digital copies of Mr. Ryans case. Oran Demir, the Turkish investor that my idiot lawyer had trusted was listed on the possible suspects in the case.

"Olivia's dad must have been a victim as well."

"Mmhm, but it still doesn't help any if the guy is practically inexistent."

And we'd sorely learnt that when Sasha and I had travelled. Those couple of weeks had been a complete waste in trying to find out the whereabouts of the Turk, and Sasha hadn't been too happy with staying behind for a few more days.

"Thanks to Jonathan Ryans, we could connect some patterns and that might help us find the dickhead."

"That's good. But speaking of dickheads, have you found Jason Long?"

Suddenly overwhelmed and frustrated with everything, I snapped. "No, I fucking haven't!"

As usual, Sasha acted unaffected by my temper. "Just because Olivia left you high and dry doesn't mean you have to snap at everyone else."

And she left my office. Typical Sasha, always leaving with a win. I'd have to beg for her forgiveness later.

It wasn't long before a knock sounded at my door.

"Come in," I bit out.

When I looked up, a stunning willowy body I'd only kept in the furthest part of my memory appeared at the door.

"Ruby," I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

The last I'd made contact with those cat-like sapphire eyes, I'd been fuming with rage.

She spoke calmly. "Shayne, it's been a while."

Her waist long silky ginger hair seemed to move around her at it's own accord as she stepped further into the office.

I immediately stood.

"What are you doing here?" I couldn't help the guilt in my voice.

But instead of a reply, she moved out of the way to reveal another woman.  The woman looked like she'd just woken up and decided dirty sweats were good enough to walk around in.