051

OKAY A LITTLE RECAP:
after the party, maribella & matthew went home & straight to bed, maribella has a dream about the day they broke up which revealed what happened between them which was that their relationship was just based on a bet that nick made with matthew. so wakes up crying, can't look at matthew the same anymore because whenever she sees him, all she can think about was him breaking her heart. then she ran to the bathroom to have a breakdown then called marianna.

Sorry to those who are a little bit confused, hopefully you'll understand it soon in the next few chapters :) please vote & comment, thanks!

•••

"MARIANNA, NO. I'M FINE." my breathing relaxed and the tears stop streaming down my wet puffy cheeks. I stood up on my feet, turning on the sink to wash my face with cold water. I placed my phone away on the sink for a quick minute before placing it between my shoulder and ear as I wiped my face with a clean towel. My face looked better than it did when I first entered the bathroom, although my eyes were red and puffy making it noticeable that I was crying.

"Bella, it's ok. It's not that long of a drive. I'll be there as soon as I can—" I could hear the jingling of her keys.

"Marianna, really it's ok." I rubbed my eyes. "I can't risk you driving for three hours at this hour. Just go back to sleep, I'll be fine." I reassured her.

"But I need to know you're okay." She sighed. "I won't be able to know that you're alright unless I'm there beside you." My heart warms.

"It's ok, I'll be home in a few days." I exhaled deeply. "I just needed to talk to you. It felt so real that my chest was hurting like it was happening to me all over again." My eyes started to sting with tears again but I managed to blink them away.

"Babe," she sighs again. "I know, just take deep breathes, alright? When you get back I'll give you a big hug and I'll let you take a nap on my lap while I play with your hair?" My lips cracked a smile and a light laugh.

"I'll be looking forward to that." She chuckles. "I should get back to him. He's probably freaky my out since I left without saying anything."

"Okay," she paused. "Please call me if you need anything,"

"Okay, I will." I began to think of an idea to use as an excuse for what just happened.

"Wait," she called out before hanging up. "Are you going to tell him?" I bite the inside of my cheek, thinking.

"No," I clear my throat. "I don't think it's really necessary for him to know, maybe I'll tell him some other time but not now. The least thing I want to do is talk about it honestly." Marianna then told me to do what I think is best and that I shouldn't be rushing myself. I thanked her again for answering my call so quickly and stayed on the other end as she listens to me like a great friend she is. I was the first to end the phone call, letting her go back to sleep.

I caught a glimpse of my reflection on the mirror before turning my heel, to walk back into my room. Matthew was sat on the edge of my bed, his head laying low silently thinking to himself. I gulped hoping he didn't hear any of the conversation I shared with Marianna. He immediately lifted his head up when I walked in the room, worriedly gazing over me.

"um," I cleared my dry throat, feeling a bit awkward and not knowing what to do. "I'm okay now." I watch him sigh in relief, holding his hand out which I took within seconds. He pulled me close to stand between his legs, fingers brushing the skin of the back of my thighs and resting his chin against my stomach while staring deeply into my eyes.