Chapter 18 - Vega's Weapon

Start from the beginning

"What's that supposed to mean?" Leon asked as he picked himself up off the ground. "You have your pet spying on me?"

"Sort of," Vega jerked his head again and the tentacle lashed out slamming Leon against the antenna again but he didn't go down. Seeing this Vega narrowed his eyes and two more black tentacles emerged from the pool of nanobots, all three of them began lashing him like whips peeling layer upon layer off of his skin. "All those missions I had you go on for the 'Collaboration Festival,' were really just to measure your level of strength. Did you think I didn't know just how large that Lockjaw colony was, or just how strong that Queen was? Or what about sending you after Griffon, a hasty move but you held your own against a demon that should've been far above you're station.

"I used all the data collected on you to mold that first Adapt android after. It had the same strength you had when you fought with Griffon, but the more abilities it copies it adds roughly 15% more muscle capacity to itself. Adapt is without a doubt my greatest creation, it will give me just what I need to rid the world of you wretched demons." One of the tentacles lashed out changing into a mallet at the last second and catching Leon right in the face sending him down to the ground. "None of you like humans, you all have this notion in your head that you're far above us and see us as less than monkeys. You'd have us all killed if you could get away with it wouldn't you? Just like you had my son killed nearly fifteen years ago. Those demons were under the Chain's guard, they let them out so that they could murder my only son!"

"I hate to break it to you," Leon said finally back on his feet and wiping the blood from his lips. "But I couldn't give a rat's ass about some brat that died over 15 years ago."

Again the tentacles had him on the ground, only this time they all morphed into wrecking ball-like mauls and continued beating Leon when he was on the ground. While he was on the ground Vega slowly approached him a sword materializing from the pool of nanobots. The tentacles stopped beating him when Vega was within striking distance and lifted his sword up with the blade pointed right at Leon's heart. "Now you'll die and I'll hang you're wretched corpse on my tower for all to-"

Leon grabbed the old man by the throat and was slowly lifting him off the ground. He dropped the sword and his feet began to kick out feebly as Leon glared into he old man's eyes. There was a red flash from Leon's eyes signaling to him that he'd caught his second wind as he tossed the old man across the rooftop so that he was leaning against the very edge. Vega noticed this and quickly got to his feet letting out a very panicked sigh as he turned to face Leon again. His hand shot out and the black pool of nanobots formed a spear that shot at Leon who caught the spear and broke it across his knee. Vega sent a sword at him next which Leon spun around avoiding the blade and catching hold of the handle just before it went out of reach. He turned back toward Vega and made to throw the blade right back only to have it shift again, this time into a cat-sized creature that sank its jaws into Leon's forearm.

He let out a snarl before whipping his arm straight down slamming the creature on the roof to before he crushed it beneath his foot. Leon let out another snarl and began running at Vega who hurled his nanobots at Leon in the shape of swords, creatures, anything that he could think of but none of it even slowed Leon down any more. He didn't bother dodging the blade and he punched right through the little creatures before he slammed his hand into Vega's face and lifted him up off the ground. He squeezed the old man's head until he heard his skull begin to crack making him scream an cry like all those demons Leon had killed just so that Vega could collect data. Finally he held the old man out above the open air where nothing would stop him from falling a good 45 stories until he hit solid concrete.

"This is for all the demons I slaughtered in your name." Leon said as a whirring began to sound and a red light appeared to travel down his arm. He felt his canines begin to grow slightly longer as he screamed at the old man, the red light just about to reach his wrist. "Say goodbye!"