Chapter 18 - Vega's Weapon

Start from the beginning

"Well," Leon shouted at the old man. "Your nano-armor isn't quite as strong as you hoped. It's completely gone from Raven now."

"Yes, apparently the nanobots sacrificed themselves to protect their host. A simple design flaw and I thank you for exposing it." Vega said before tapping a button on his screen and stepping out into the open air. For the briefest of moments Leon thought the old man was about to commit suicide until he saw black stairs begin to form from the window just before he stepped out into the air. "It seems I underestimated that one's combat capabilities. No matter, the next subject will prove a better host and an even greater test for you."

Leon watched the stairs continue to form themselves as Vega took a step until finally the stairs connected his office to the rooftop of the second tower. Once Vega was safely on the roof Leon was amazed to see the stairs shrink until there was a black pool all about Vega's feel. He nodded to the pool and asked what that was which only made the old man laugh. "I thought you would've known Leon." He said in a superior tone as he rubbed his eyes. "The pool is made up of all the nanobots that were in my office. There are more in the building but I'm saving those for a certain something. But I must be frank, of all the things for you to ask about I expected you to ask me why I'm doing what I’m doing. There is no profit in attacking you or your friends."

"It's no secret that you don't like demons." Leon said testing his weight on his injured leg. "And if I'm being frank I'm surprised you'd even think I'd want to know what you're reasons are. Getting the chance to kill a human that's gotten on my nerves more than he should is more than enough reason for me."

"I see, well then shall we move on to the main event?" Vega asked spreading his arms as if he were expecting Leon to actually fight him. He told the old man that it wasn't going to be much of an event if he planned on fighting him all by himself. "Oh I'm not fighting you." He said tapping the side of his head which lit up in a bright green before a glass-like mask formed over his head. "No my mind will be doing the fighting here; I'll have very little physical movement...for now."

Leon's eyebrow was raised at that until he saw the black pool begin to ripple and six separate streams began to rise up forming three spiral-like pillars in front of Vega. "Nanobots." Said the old man with a grin on his face. "I control each and every one of them with my very thoughts. And since none of them are larger than the tip of a needle they can all form together to create all matter of things. For instance, a spear perhaps-" As he spoke one of the pillars shrunk down to form a black spear that flew at Leon with such speed he wouldn't have even known it moved if it didn't tear into his shoulder pinning him to one of the antennas on the roof. "Or a sword." A second pillar formed a sword which also shot forward and impaled Leon in the stomach making him cry out. "Or my personal favorite, a guillotine."

Leon watched with wide eyes as the final pillar formed a large flat blade that was trained right on his throat. Vega titled his head to the side before jerking it to the other side and the blade shot forward like a black blur it approached Leon who threw his hand up. His fist flew as fast as he could manage it and caught the guillotine on the flat of its blade sending it straight up where it shattered into thousands, maybe millions of tiny black droplets. Vega looked surprised as Leon grabbed the spear and sword with both of his hands, tearing them out and tossing them over the edge of the building. He let out a roar as he ran at Vega, knowing he wasn't much stronger than an ordinary C-class at this point he threw a punch at the old man's face only to have a black tentacle shoot up from the ground and catch his fist.

"Leon you continue to impress." The old man said jerking his head to the side just before the tentacle toss him aside. "I should have come after you instead of Raven. You're growth potential was far greater than his was by at least 62% if I'm going by the data he'd collected on you."