Chapter 3

Will's day was going fine until Nico shadow traveled off to gods know where.

"Nico! Gods of Olympus, why Nico!?" Will cursed.

The only thing left was a skull ring, the one that Nico always wore. What had happened to Nico? Was he a ghost now? Was he alive? Will had to find Nico. Maybe a tracking spell.

Will ran off to find a Hecate camper, only to run straight into the path of Percy Jackson.

"Woah dude. What's up?" Percy asked.

"It's Nico. He wasn't looking very well after the shadow traveling and he rested for like three days but he still isn't completely healthy and shouldn't shadow but he did and I don't know where so I was gonna get a tracking spell from the Hecate cabin." Will said in practically one sentence.

"I'll help you. Let's go get Annabeth, and see if we can find him." Percy reassured Will.

Will breathed a sigh of relief but he was still shaken up. As he followed Percy, he wondered what was going to happen. 2 jumps probably wouldn't hurt Nico, but three would be pushing it. And four... Well four would put Nico in Hades realm forever. Will shuddered at the thought and then did a double take. Did he like Nico? Sure, Will was into guys but he never really thought Nico was his type until now. He didn't even realize they'd reached Annabeth until he rammed into Percy.

"Sorry." Will mumbled

"It's fine. Annabeth, Nico shadow traveled away without Will's permission."

"And why does he need Will's permission?" Annabeth said, raising an eyebrow.

Will felt himself blush, but answered, "Because if he shadows travels to much more he'll die! We need to find him Annabeth! And he's not completely better yet, so I told him I was going to follow his exact movements." Will practically shouted.

"Alright. Let's find a Hecate camper for a tracking spell." Annabeth said.

-----------------

"You want me to what?" Lou Ellen of the Hecate Cabin demanded.

"We want you to put a tracking spell on Nico. Please. We must find him or he's going to die!" Will said.

"Fine. Fine. Whatever. I'll do it. Do you have a personal item of his? You know Nico doesn't have much personal things."

Will's hand drifted to his pocket as he heard Percy curse. "I have something. As he poofed off, his skull ring fell off, making me think he'd dissolved or something. We need to find him Lou Ellen" Will said, handing the ring to her.

"Ok. I'll see what I can do" Lou Ellen begins murmuring a few magic phrases then turns the ring in her hands a few times, breathes, and throws the ring into a pile of cotton.

"Is it ready?" Will asks.

"Shut up Will." Percy responds, elbowing Will.

"Ok. Let see... Uh oh... He's in Grand Central. 2nd floor. Judging from this color, he's been there a while. You want to get immediately." Lou Ellen said, almost confirming Will's worst thoughts.

"I'll call Blackjack!" Percy says and whistles like he's whistling for a New York taxi cab

As the three thanked Lou Ellen and left the cabin, three flying horses swooped down to meet them.

"Blackjack! We need to get to Grand Central Station now!" Percy says, and one of the horses lowered his knees for Will to get on.

Will had never been on a flying horse, but Guido (that's what Percy called him) seemed to be pretty good. It was an amazing feeling, Will felt like he was flying, letting go of everything. Well, everything except the fear for Nico. Nico was such a dark moody person, but it wasn't Nicos fault. It was the fact he had a dark past. That his sister died when he was 12, not knowing about his family, not really fitting in. Nico just needed a friend to be there, and Will wanted to be that person. He wanted to help Nico, to be there for him, to listen. Will didn't really like Nico in that way now, but he was certainly starting to.

"Will! We're here." Annabeth said. Will had been so distracted, he didn't even realize they had landed.

"Ok. How about we split up, and if we find him, we meet back at this spot? In 30 minutes, we come back here whether we have him or not okay?" Annabeth says to them. Percy nods, kisses her, and runs off. Annabeth leaves too, leaving Will to walk off in the opposite direction.

"Nico?" Wills called out Nicos name so many times, how has Nico not heard him? It had been about 20 minutes until Will decided he needed to pee, and there he was. Nico DiAngelo, casually using the urinal.

"Nico" Will said

Without turning around, Nico visibly sighed. "What Will?"

"Nico we've been looking all over for you. I'm so glad I found you! Why Nico just why?"

Nico turned, washed his hands and walked out, leaving a curious Will to follow him "because nobody cares! Who cares if I disintegrate?!"

"I care." Will said, and quickly added "Percy, Annabeth, who are here looking for you as well, Jason, Frank, Hazel, Piper, wherever Leo is. Shall I go on?"

Then the Son of Hades did something Will never would've expected. He surged into Will, giving him hug. Will was surprised at first, but quickly hugged him back. "I've been alone for so long it's so different having people who care about me. I'm...I'm trying Will." Nico muttered. barely audible, into Wills shirt.

Eventually, after the Gods only know how long, Nico pulled away. "Don't say anything about this." he warned.

"I won't. Come on, let's go find Percy and Annabeth"

-----------------------

A/N- Sorry that took longer, I've been so busy. Stupid homework. And then on Saturday the Texas-OU game was on (Texas almost won it was awesome) when I woke up like it had literally just started and then I had a chiropractor appointment and then a like 6 hour long birthday party. If any of y'all are wondering why they haven't kissed yet or something like that here's my answer. It's not Nicos personality. We all know it takes him a while to warm up to people, and he usually doesn't like physical contact. Trust me, I want a kiss as much as you do. It'll come soon. Thanks so much for all the votes and comments! This story has the most votes of any of my others. I'm so glad y'all like it! Thanks again!

August 6, 2015

wow this story needed so much editing omg