ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

"LOVELY PLACE, DON'T YOU THINK?" John/ Klaus said, looking at the two-bedroom flat which, he decided, is going to be my new prison and his secret hideout.

"Not my taste, really," I said, looking around.

"Well, no one's going to look for us here," Klaus said, referring to the current flat that is just above Alaric's.

"Maybe if you had let Isobel live, no one would have even been searching for us. We could have stayed in Mrs. Flowers's house, eating some home-cooked meals," I said.

"I didn't come here for Holiday, Katherine. I came here to break the curse, which might I add, is postponed for another 500 years because of you," Klaus said turning around to face me, "And Isobel's' death was a vital part of the plan, it sent a message to the doppelganger and her friends' to not try anything stupid."

"Whatever, Sour wolf," I muttered.

"What did you say?" Klaus asked sharply.

Shit!

"I said, sour wolf," I admitted, compulsion taking control of my body, but quickly added, "You know...since you are behaving like one," which was true

He seemed to buy it, "When I compelled you to speak the truth, it didn't mean I gave you permission to be sarcastic," he said, with a scowl, narrowing his eyes at me.

"I recently discovered that sarcasm is my only defense in situations like this," I said, taking a seat on the nearby couch.

"Enough chit chat," Klaus said, waving his hands, "Now, tell me, where the hell is my moonstone?"

"I tossed it, inside the tomb underneath the church ruins," I said with a sigh

Well, I did hurl the damned stone in there.

And I am starting to pray to all the stars above, for him to go and get stuck in there for an eternity.

Fat chance, but a girl can always dream.

"Why would you keep it in there out of all other places?" He asked, intrigued.

"Because a Vampire who enters it, can't come out without a witches' help," I said through gritted teeth, mad at myself for spilling everything.

"Ah! Well, then it's a good thing I have Maddox at my beck and call, eh?" Klaus said, clicking his tongue sitting on the opposite couch, looking straight at me.

"Can I get some blood now?" I asked, trying to act as if I am not sitting with a psycho hybrid that can kill me any second, he feels bored.

"......," He didn't say anything other than giving me a death glare.