There was nothing that Yao Xian could do. Bringing him in the direction of his own courtyard, he spoke as he walked: “The wine I have here is not as good as the wine that A-Heng drinks. It also cannot compare to the wine of the imperial palace. Don’t ask for too much.”

“It’s fine, it’s fine. As long as it’s wine, it’s fine.” The Emperor was not very picky about this. There were times when drinking was just for the sake of getting drunk. It was unrelated to the quality of the wine. “In this world, there’s nobody aside from you that can be my drinking buddy. We truly just want to drink a bit and chat. I’m not picky about whether the wine is good or not.”

Alright then! With him saying this, Yao Xian felt a bit emotional. Finding someone to drink and chat with, how common a thing was this. But to the ruler of a country, it was a luxury. It even required him to secretly sneak out like a criminal to come knocking at his manor’s gates. It sounded pitiful just thinking about it. Forget it, he would bring out the bottles of good wine that A-Heng had left behind!

Yao Xian had begun feeling compassionate, and the Emperor found good wine. The chef in the Yao manor prepared a table of foods to go with the wine, and the two chatted happily while drinking wine. For some reason, Zhang Yuan had begun taking the Emperor more seriously when it came to drinking. Now, whenever the Emperor wanted to do something, he would accompany him because Xuan Tian Ming had told him before leaving that there was no need to be so restrictive of the Emperor. If he wanted to do something or eat something, just go along with it. As long as it would not cause too much damage to the body, it was fine. After all, at this age, restricting everything could cause problems.

Fortunately, the Emperor only came to find Yao Xian. The Yao family was determined to be a family that could be trusted without any reservations by Xuan Tian Ming, thus he was a bit less worried. Either way, there were still hidden guards following along. In the worst-case scenario, if he got drunk, he could just be carried back. It was better than watching the old emperor spend each day in Zhao He Hall sighing in the direction of Winter Moon Palace. There were times when he felt that the Emperor would lose years on his life from yearning for Imperial Concubine Yun, but how could a eunuch like him understand the feelings between men and women. As a servant, he needed to accompany his master. Doing a good job of following his master was his job.

While the eunuch was thinking, the Emperor and Yao Xian had already become drunk. Fortunately, it was not serious, and they could still speak. Yao Xian was in the middle of lecturing the Emperor: “How fierce! Chasing my granddaughter out of the capital. Your eighth son really has bright prospects.”

The Emperor waved his hand: “Going out for some exercise is good. The fief is freer than the capital. Building that side up will be good for her. After all, it is her own territory. Old Yao, I’ll tell you-” He had drank too much and could no longer keep up with the royal We, as he directly used “I” to tell Yao Xian: “In the entirety of Da Shun, the first fief to be handed out is Ji An Prefecture. Do you know what that fief means? It means that place is an independent territory and does not need to pay taxes to Da Shun and does not need to present tributes. It can also raise a personal army. As long as she desires it, nobody could do anything even if she built up a small court there. With A-Heng going there, she will be the local despot. In Ji An Prefecture, she is the most powerful. Nobody can do anything about her. In the past, Da Shun has never given out a single fief. Not even lords with different surnames were given fiefs. The fear was that once it developed and had its own army, it would become a threat to Da Shun.”

Of course, Yao Xian understood this logic. Ever since he had found out that Feng Yu Heng had a fief, he had researched a number of things relating to this topic. He also knew just how great of a reward a fief was. He asked the Emperor: “Since it’s so important, why did you give it to A-Heng?”