I was starting to blabber now and this time when Damon raised his hand to comfort me he did it. He subsequently pulled me to him and I was crying like a baby. 

Me! I was crying when was the one who had broken his heart.

After some time I said, "I am sorry."

"No Aria. I should have never jumped to conclusions. I should have asked you and I should have respected your decision and given the space you needed but I guess I was too blinded by hurt or love to see clearly."

We continued talking for a little while longer and finally came to the conclusion that it was best to put it all in the past and continue with our friendship as it was something too precious for the both of us to let go off so easily.

"I am glad we sorted it out." I said sniffing.

"Me too. You have no idea how much I missed your annoying voice." He smirked but I noted that it didn't reach his eyes. I chose to ignore it for now.

I punched him lightly in his arm and said, "I missed you too."

We sat there for a while in silence then I broke it unable to control anymore, "So you and Caroline huh?"

"What? No. It's just friendship. I was hurt and she came with an offer of friendship. Guess I couldn't deny it. She isn't that bad you know?"

I laughed. 

"What?" He looked confused.

"Nothing."

"No tell me please."

"Okay. Well she obviously is sweet with you as she likes you."

"I don't know about that. I think she too  likes Sean."

I didn't miss the way he said 'she too likes Sean' but ignored it.

"So you tell me. How long have you and Sean been dating?"

"Um. I don't know if we are dating or what are we doing." I smiled uncomfortably 'cause it was the same question I had been putting off to think about some other time. I just wanted to enjoy whatever this was for now.

"What do you mean? Hasn't he asked you out yet?" He looked horrified.

"Not exactly. Not yet."

I started squirming in my seat really uncomfortable now.

"Aria.."

"Don't Aria me, Damon. We'll be fine. Now can you take me back. I have to get ready."

He looked taken aback by my statement but started the engine.

"Where are you going? If you don't mind me asking that is,"

"Sean's house. He wants me to meet his parents."

"Oh." That's it. He just said 'oh'. It hurt but I didn't say anything.

When we reached my home I immediately got down and started walking towards my home.

"I am glad we did this Aria." Damon called out behind me.

"Yeah me too." I replied and went inside the house before he could see my tears.

I rushed to my room and cried till I ran out of tears and then my mom came inside the room.

"Come here honey." She opened her arms and I started crying. She said soothing words and kept patting my back till I stopped sobbing.

"You spoke to him?"

She asked in a concerned voice.

"Yes." My voice had become so rough that it sounded like 'yearf'. I cleared my throat and tried again.

"it's okay dear. Wanna talk about it?"

And I told her everything about the afternoon.

"Aria. You have to give him time to heal."

"I know mom. I know it. I am just sad that my best friend can't be happy in my happiness."

"Well he'll come around soon. Don't worry."

"I hope so mom. I really do."

We sat like that for another few minutes and then my mom pulled away.

"Go! Get ready. You have got somewhere to be in an hour and a half."

I jumped out of the bed and saw that it was indeed 5.30 pm. I would never get ready in time. I groaned.

"Let me do your make-up today. I have already picked out the dress."

I saw the beautiful dress on my bed and almost cried. It was the prettiest thing I had ever seen. It was a black dress with an intricate design on it. It was made of a silky material. It had low back but wasn't so low that it would look slutty but low enough to show enough of my back. And to go with that there were black stilettos.

"Mom you didn't have to.." I started but she cut me off.

"Yes I did. Now go get ready. Fast."

She pushed me inside the bathroom and I changed as soon as I could being careful not to spoil the dress. As soon as I came out my mom set to work on my hair and make-up and I must say she did an amazing work. My hair was straightened and then made slightly wavy at the ends. My mom added blue eye-shadow giving an edge to my eyes.I couldn't even believe it was me staring out of the mirror.

I turned around to see her crying.

"These are happy tears dear."  She kissed my cheek and said, "I love you."

"I love you too mom."

The bell rang and announced the arrival of Sean. I started to get up but just before I left I asked, "Mom?"

"Yes." She looked at me in surprise.

"What gift did Sean give you yesterday?"

She smiled and said, "Come back and then I'll tell you. Now go. It's rude to keep somebody waiting."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye. And dear your curfew is 11 O'clock. Not a bit later okay?"

"Got it. Love you."

"Love you too."

And I rushed down the stairs to greet the man of my dreams. Literally.