Chapter 21

The next few days passed in a flash and before I knew it the day to go to New York had arrived. Reese and Sean had somehow managed to convince me and my mom.

All was great since my dad didn't yet know about the trip. I just hope he didn't find out. The papers he wanted signed had been sent back and he must be really pissed since I hadn't signed them but I wasn't about to sign a paper which said that all losses would be borne by me. Granted I was a high school kid but I wasn't dumb.

Anyway, right this minute I was standing in front of the bus that was supposed to take us to New York for the next 3 days. I had a weird feeling. Like maybe something bad was going to happen.

"What's up?" Reese called out to me and I snapped out of my reverie.

"Nothing." I smiled.

"You look a little off. You feeling fine?"

"Yeah. I just have an odd feeling about this trip."

"Oh. Don't worry. It's going to be awesome. Especially when we go shopping!" She shrieked and I cringed. My mom and Reese had ganged up against me on that one and there was nothing that I could do about it. Even Sean hadn't been able to help me out. Some boyfriend I have.

"Everyone line up. Let me take the attendance and then you guys can start occupying the seats. I want no trouble from anyone, okay?" Mr. Scott, our coach yelled. He and a few other teachers, Miss Lily and Mr. Saltzman were accompanying us on this supposed field trip. We were going to tour the city and understand how it grew from a normal city to a city that never sleeps.

I personally thought it was a very cool idea but I knew that no one that was present here was thinking the same as me, except maybe Mr. Saltzman.

Once we had all answered to our roll calls we started boarding the bus. I was at first worried about who I should sit with since I didn't want to leave Reese all alone but I guess I didn't have to worry about it. It turns out that the guy, Kevin, who had wanted to talk to Reese had actually been meaning to ask her out and she had said yes. And now they were a couple. I was really happy for Reese. She was a great girl and Kevin was a nice guy too. They deserved each other.

"What's up thinker?" Sean called out from beside me.

"Nothing. I am just happy for Reese."

"Yeah. She seems happy too." He replied looking at her. Today he was wearing dark jeans, a checkered shirt over a plain white tee and of course his statement piece, his leather jacket. I sometimes wondered if he went anywhere without it. His hair was in his usual messy updo which put even my complicated hairstyle to shame.

My mom had declared it 'Dress you daughter up day'. She had made me wear skinny jeans and a white ruffled top. Then she had done my make up followed by some complicated hairstyle which I had to agree made me look good.

"What are you thinking now?" He murmured next to my ear. I could smell his intoxicating smell. It was becoming very hard to think.

"I am wondering how you manage to look so good without even having to try?" I frowned at him making him chuckle a deep resonating chuckle which made my spine tingle.

"Interesting thought."

I gave him a pointed look.

He snaked his hand to hold my waist and pulled me closer to him and said, "You don't need to try to look good, Aria." His voice made me shiver.

It was too hard to resist when he was saying something like that and I had to give in as he turned me to face him and met my lips with his. Before I knew it my fingers were tangled in his hair and his were tightly griping my waist.

That's when I heard the hooting and whooping and pulled away red in my face from embarrassment. Sean on the other hand looked completely unfazed by all this and just laughed it off.

"God. She can't even control her urge for a minute. She is such a slut." I heard someone say from behind me and when I turned I was totally surprised. Behind me sat Damon and Caroline.

Damon looked bad. His hair was unkempt and his eyes had deep bags under them. Our eyes met for an instant and in that instant he seemed to be pleading to me. And I couldn't take it anymore so I just turned away holding in my tears as the city passed by.

Sean was talking to his friends, Max and Allen, who were both on the football team with him. And though they tried to include me the conversation, I just wasn't interested.

I could feel Damon's eyes burning a hole in the back of my head but I didn't turn around 'cause I knew that if I did turn then I wouldn't be able to hold in my tears.

I just hoped for the bus ride to be over soon so I didn't have to see him and feel guilty. Though there was nothing for me to feel guilty about, he managed to make me feel all that. It was frustrating to know that him being hurt was hurting me even more. I just wanted things to go back to normal, for us to become friends again but every time I saw him, I remembered all the hurt and pain I had to go through because of his stupid and twisted plan of protecting me!

"Don't worry about him. You are here to enjoy and have the time of your life with your sexy boyfriend." Sean bumped his shoulder with mine making me laugh.

"Yeah I am. I think I'll sleep for a while." I leaned against his arm and closed my eyes, inhaling his scent and immediately calming down.

_____________________________________________________________

"Yo roomy! Get ready fast. We'll go and explore the city then." Reese yelled and I had to laugh.

We had reached the hotel and everybody had been allotted rooms. I had ended up with Reese and Sean had ended up with Kevin. We had the entire evening to ourselves and Reese had decided that it should be dedicated to exploring instead of resting which obviously was my plan.

Once I had washed my face Reese made me wear a red dress that ended 2 to 3 inches above my knee and did my hair and make up. After this she got ready in a silver dress that hung to her body and showed off her curves perfectly. Then she did her make up and with the silver eye shadow she looked exactly like an angel to me.

"You look beautiful, Reese." I agree I was gawking.

"I know. Now let's go meet our hot boyfriends." She chirped and pulled me out of our room. It was difficult to walk in the heels she had made me wear but she wouldn't slow down.

Below in the lobby I found Sean and Kevin all freshened up. Sean had changed into a pair of jeans and a casual t-shirt. His hair was still wet, from his shower no doubt but what caused me to stop and stare was the lack of his leather jacket. In it's place he had a blazer on.

As I walked towards him I felt his eyes rake up my body, making me slightly self conscious of the short dress that I was wearing.

"Hello, beautiful." Sean whispered once I had reached him.

"Where's your leather jacket?" I asked as soon as I found my tongue.

"And here I thought you were tired of seeing it."

"Whatever."

"It'll be back before you know it." He winked.

"Come on guys let's go!" Reese sounded really excited and I could see that Kevin had eyes only for Reese.

We all headed out followed by Max and Allen who were with two girls whose name's I didn't know, and hailed a cab.

Something told me it was going to be a long evening.