Chapter 8

The entire week passed in a similar fashion, whenever I had any trouble Sean came to my rescue. It appeared as though he was waiting for any and every opportunity he could get. Sean and I became really close and started to get to know each other really well. Reese was my saviour with the transportation thing and the cheerleader thing as she was also on the team. She and I turned into good friends from being strangers. Guess my life was in the process of being changed.

As for Damon, well he was still Damon but a little distant and sad. He had stopped trying to approach me in school but continued to constantly text me. Now, he was a lot more with Caroline and she seemed pretty happy to have his attention.

But being the bitch she was she kept trying to hit on Sean. And when he didn't reciprocate she did all she could to get on my nerves. Like she kept on searching for excuses to touch Sean and when she was with Damon she would make sure I heard her loud remarks of my character. I mean seriously my character

I continued to feel guilty about the entire scenario. The trip to New York was nearing and I remembered that me and Damon were supposed to stay back together. Sean was forcing me to come and assured me that it wouldn't be that bad but he didn't know my dad.

Mom was still very supportive of me but now and then she also said things like I should at least talk to Damon and clear it out and when I started to say something she would hurriedly change the subject.

I think she is right too. Years of friendship can't be broken that easily. But I need time and I hope she understands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Writing in your precious little diary again huh?"

Sean sat down beside me, dropping his lunch tray on the table and his bag on the floor.

"Can I read?"

As he attempted to sneak a look into my diary I got a whiff of his perfume and was tempted to lean in, he smelled so good, something like a fresh breeze at the beach, embarrassed I quickly composed myself and shut my diary firmly.

"Huh? No! It's rude to read peoples' diaries."

I put it inside my bag, out of his reach.

"What can be so secretive that you can't tell me?"

He made a hurt look and continued when I didn't give in. "Okay. Okay. Personal thing. Understood. Now can we eat?"

I was so happy he had dropped it. It was embarrassing enough to get caught writing in one's diary and getting caught writing about that person itself is way beyond humiliating. Yeah I was writing about Sean. He was turning my life upside down. My brain refused to concentrate on one thing, anything, even school work. I found it especially hard to not think about him every five minutes. His blue eyes, his hands, his well built body, his dishevelled hair....

"Hello! Anybody there?"

Sean was moving his hands in front of my eyes.

"Sorry. You were saying?"

I mentally punched myself for drifting off.

"Where do you keep disappearing? I would really like to have a peek inside that very eventful brain of yours." He smirked. "I was just asking if we could eat, and it seemed to have completely taken your mind elsewhere."

He was grinning now. I blushed deep crimson and hoped he couldn't see it.

"Shut up. I just was thinking. And yeah, stay away from my brain."

"Did I just hear someone say brain? Eww. Now I really doubt if I can eat my lunch!"

Reese joined us with a grimace on her face.