39; time travel

A few days have passed and it was Monday again. Just like any other ordinary day.

But.

You've decided, you'd take the bus to Seijoh and pick up your boyfriend. Usually on Mondays he took care of his nephew, so you'd hang out together, but today it would just be you two.

"I came to pick up Oikawa-saaan." you had sneaked into his school and peeked your head though the door of his classroom after you saw people exciting the room and making their way home.

His classmates were staring at you, half impressed half not surprised, but they quickly let Oikawa know who was still writing something. You didn't knew how to interpret their reaction though.

When he saw you he gasped, quickly trying to push everything into his bag and making his way to you.

"I hope you didn't have to wait too long." he grabbed your hand, fingers intertwined, looking around triumphantly as if to brag about having a cute girlfriend.

"Nah, I just got here. Today's class ended sooner than usual, so I made it just in time."

"Seeing you at school reminded me of the old middle school days."

"I thought so too, just that Iwa-chan and Miura is missing."

"Today's just us two." he squeezed your hand slightly, hoping that it would be true. It's been a while since you've been alone, so today was a rare opportunity. "Let's go there."

"There?" you tilted your head in confusion, and he just told you to wait and see until you get there.

After a while you recognized the streets you were walking on but you couldn't quite remember where they were leading to.

"Have you realized by now?" he grinned but could tell by your face the answer to his question. "Well, we should have done this back in spring..."

He let go of your hand and took a few steps back and said "We're from the same school right, want to walk together?"

Now it dawned on you. It was here when you first met three years ago.

"Back then I thought I'd rather not get involved with guys like you. But you were persistent and I panicked, that's why I almost hit you with my bag." you giggled and he laughed as well, walking up towards you and again taking your hand.

"Guys like me? You mean handsome cute upperclassmen?"

"I mean trash like you." you snorted but he laughed as well. You expected him to whine but he didn't. He seemed to be in a really good mood.

It took you just a few more minutes until you reached your old middle school.

"So we're sneaking in?"

"I think we'll be fine, since I'm here." Oikawa triumphantly gave you a thumbs up. "Let's go to the gym first."

You figured he'd say that. He peaked through the windows and when he saw his old coach he quickly went in and told you to wait. While he was talking you watched them through the glass.

As Oikawa was about to go out of the gym, the coach's and your eyes met, he laughed and said something to Oikawa before he left.

"We can roam around freely. If we get into trouble we can leave it to him." he motioned for you to follow him.

"What did your coach say?" you asked as you walked beside him.

"At first he asked me if I could give a little advice to the team, but I told him I was busy and I'd do it another day."

"I meant at the end."

He stopped for a second before he blushed and answered in a much softer voice "He told me to not get us locked up in the storage room again..."

---

Afterwards you both headed to the roof. You opened the double doors and went a few steps ahead.

"I think the paper bag really suited me." the memory made you giggle and Oikawa joined in.

The sun has started to set by then and it made both of you remember what else had happened here.

"I was over the moon when you said you loved me. Despite what happened afterwards, I really treasure that moment."

Oikawa hummed weakly in approval. Back then, it had never occurred to him that you could like him back, otherwise he wouldn't have gone out with someone else. But when he was about to tell you that, you intervened.

"It got me thinking, we've both done our share of mistakes and yet we ended up here together. So let's stop apologizing for things that are way in the past." you smiled at him and he smiled back.

"You're right, that's a great idea." he took your hand, saying it's about time you head back home but there was still somewhere you wanted to go.

"I'll make it quick!" you pulled him along but after a few minutes stopped in the middle of the hall. You rummaged through your bag before you handed him an envelope.

"It's the love letter we were fighting over here in this spot."

"You're not going to stuff it into your bra again?" you shook your head and he just mumbled "Not like it would stop me again anyway."

~~~~~
(A/N)
So it's been half a year? 🤔 Here I am procrastinating and writing a chapter that's a little longer than usually. Just bear with me a little longer, I'm in my last semester in university, once it's over I'll get to work on this story again more frequently.
Thanks a ton for everyone who's still reading this ♡