36; vanquish

Oikawa was stroking over your hair while still embracing you. "Listen, if this is about what happened during those two years - just forget about it."

"How could I forget, I do wish it never happened, but..."

"If I said I was also going out with someone else, would you feel better?" he interrupted you, and you just stared at him blankly. There was a mix of emotions swirling inside of you and you were unsure of what to answer.

"Well, I wouldn't break out in joy but I guess I wouldn't feel as guilty anymore." your voice sounded so full of anger but Oikawa just laughed.

"Haha, I was just kidding. Or am I not?" he threw you a playful look. "But more importantly, the past is the past. So forget about it and only think of me."

The playful look from before suddenly turned mischievously, and the hand that was resting on your head traveled down your spine.

"You were only longing for me anyway, weren't you?" the males lips brushed your earlobe and you shivered. "That's why I don't care, in the end you were only mine."

Face flushed, you tried to escape from his grip but he wouldn't let you.

"No need to be so embarrassed." he chuckled sweetly yet devilish. "I won't bite, unless you want me to." slowly he leaned in for a kiss, so slow that the agitation drove you mad. You thought that once your lips touched, the thrill would ease but he kissed you passionate and longing, increasing the urge to just surrender.

Suddenly he stopped, removing his hands from you and giving you a little space. Upon realizing what just happened, you stumbled back, legs wobbly. "I, - busy, home, things boxes - dinner!"

Oikawa tried hard to not break out in laughter, seeing you so flustered. "I'll come with you, I haven't had dinner yet either."

You tried to say some words but it was just rambling sounds, so your boyfriend just took your hand and lead you towards your house.

When you hit the colder but still warm evening air, it cleared your mind a lot.

"I know the way..." you mumbled with a slight pout, still somewhat embarrassed.

"Mmh? Until a second ago you didn't even know how to form a sentence." he hummed but at the same time squeezed your hand. Instantly you felt his happiness surge through you and you felt the same. Finally you felt like you could let it go completely.

The truth is, Oikawa never blamed you in the first place, but himself. He should have visited you, he thought. After all he promised. In his mind, it was him who ruined it, and it pained him to see you beat yourself up about it. But he, just like yourself, decided to look straight ahead.

You both walked inside the house and you were immediately wrapped up in a pleasant smell, coming from the kitchen.

"Oh, you came right on time!" your flatmate greeted you as you walked into the kitchen. "I just finished cooking dinner" and with that she whipped out two dishes with piping hot food. And you both almost overlooked Iwaizumi sitting at the dinner table.

"Why is Iwa-chan here?" Oikawa asked seemingly confused.

"I called him after you left because I figured we would need help with building up our beds but... Didn't you say you wanted to leave, when I went over to Tōru?" you asked just as confused.

"I was about to but then Stella offered to make dinner and I could join too." he stated and Oikawa now guessed that the blonde girl is named Stella.

Hesitantly Oikawa and you sat down to eat at the table too, not averting their eyes from the ace who enjoyed his food.

---

Both males left after they finished eating and you stared at your friend, who started to clean up the table.

"Listen, there's no need to stare daggers into my back. I haven't done a thing to him." the girl already defended herself as if she knew what you were thinking.

"I'm just suspicious because it's you. You quickly fall for anyone."

"How mean!" she whined for a second but then switched back to normal. "But he's really cool, you know? Like a big brother, I want to be friends with him like you. Is that so bad?!"

"Of course not.. But when it comes to guys, you don't seem to trust yourself."

"Well, you may be right about that. I guess they make me weak, even if I don't want to be. But well, I'm only human." and with that she shrugged and went to her room to finish unpacking.